Greatest Movies of All Time

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by cmdrmonkey, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Screaming little kids give me a headache. Always have, even when I was a kid myself. I also hated the Sandlot, which was a similar movie.

2. Born an old man were you. Hah.

3. What he was saying is he always WAS a grumpy old man :x...

4. Wasn't that a Robin Williams film?? lol I could add a few of his movies to the list. I could watch his movies all day.

5. Toyz were epic!

6. Toys has a 4.7 on IMDB. You guys are crapping all over this thread.

What's next, The Room or Human Centipede for best movie ever?

7. You take the reviews of a few people over the mass? I prefer watching things first to see if I like it.

8. That's out of 15000 people and it has a 26% on RT. It's an objectively bad movie. And yes I've seen it. It's fucking horrible. Robin Williams is a lot like Jim Carey. He works in some roles, but in others he's irritating as fuck.

9. Anything below a 5 on imdb and has over 5,000 raters is pretty much guaranteed to be garbage.

10. Liking a bad movie is fine. I enjoyed the shit out of the Nick Cage Wickerman remake in all its awful glory. I loved Troll 2. I was thoroughly entertained by the Room. But that's not what we're talking about here. If you really think Toys is one of the greatest movies of all time, you really need to see more movies.

11. No, I said it was epic not the greatest.

12. Amazingly racist....

Did you know there is a reboot being made? I don't think they will try to paint any white people Asian and ask him to put on a thick 'apu' style accent this time around, don't think they could get away with it anymore. They have said they are not going to change Number 5's visual appearance.

I wonder if they will go with Johnny 5 from the start this time instead of renaming him at the end as they did with Short Circuit. People probably remember it/him as Johnny 5 so I wouldn't be surprised.

13. Yeah, I heard about a reboot some time ago. Hopefully they'll have a proper robot.

I don't hold out much hope for this.

Short Circuit 2 however, could probably benefit from a remake.

When I first watched it, The Sexist, pervert faux indian had me fooled.

14. Does this mean that Robert Downey juniors role in tropic thunder was racist too? What about manuel in fawlty towers? I was unaware impersonations counted as acts of racism.

Short circuit 2 kicks ass, a remake would be terrible.

15. The difference is that Robert Downey Jr's role is an exaggerated piss take of the overly serious actor role.

"I don't break character until the DVD commentary."

In Short Circuit, they wanted an Indian character in the movie and basically blacked up Fisher Stevens and got him to do the Apu voice. It was kinda awful.

16. Very much this....

He does get some great lines in SC1 though...

17. Goonies is one of the best.

Bakers Dozen in no order

1. Goonies
    2.The Lord of the Rings 1,2,3
    3. Ghostbusters
    4. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
    5. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
    6. Terminator
    7. Toy Story
    8. Shrek
    9. Godfather 1, 2
    10. Saving Private Ryan
    11. Lion King
    12. The Dark Knight
    13. The Matrix

18. other 80's movies I loved (not mentioned), Flight of the Navigator (classic) and the Wizard (nostalgia).... and Adams' Family.

Then there's action movies I shall not mention. I couldn't put all these movies in a list :eek:

edit: oh jesus I was such a kid... Ferris Bueler?

19. Art Movies that PVCF Members Might Break With a Hammer After 15 Minutes But Are Actually Really Good
    Andre Rublev
    Dersu Uzala
    Walkabout
    Last Year at Marienbad
    Fitzcarraldo
    Kwaidan
    Alphaville
    The Virgin Spring

20. The Empire Strikes Back

<thread closed> :)

Gladiator
    Kingdom of Heaven Directors Cut
    Blood Diamond
    Get Carter (only because it's set in my hometown but it is a great flick)
    Zulu
    Lawrence of Arabia
    Bridge over the River Kwai

I could go on all night