I need a Blu-ray player

Discussion in 'Technology' started by bfun, Feb 25, 2011.

Tags:
  1. So it turns out I don't know what cable are what, no matter. I can still game perfectly well regardless.

2. Just as long as you don't try to use an S-Video cable to charge your Dualshock!

3. I did. Don't question me!

4. I'll question you all I want. What were you doing with that invincible pig? I'll be keeping my eye on you...

5. No wonder you think all games are gamecube punchers, if you've been playing with composite cables.

6. You mean the little black rectanglular box? don't the red white and yellow wires plug into that? Man I'm learning stuff today.

7. The full RGB SCART block has 21 pins, What you're using is a SCART adapter block, which allows you to connect your composite cables into a SCART socket, but it only has about 10 pins in there, so you're still only getting composite quality, it's just that you can plug it into a different socket.

A full 21 pin SCART plug
    [​IMG]

A quote about the adapter blocks:
    Notice the missing pins.
    [​IMG]

8. The difference between composite and RGB Scart is huge, especially on a good SD TV. I dread the day I lose my old Sony CRT. Beautiful picture quality for SD consoles.

9. I remember back in the day, I would be complaining about jaggies on a SCART connection and my friends, who were on composite, would be like "What jaggies?"

I still don't know how they could play with all that fuzz.

10. Whats a SCART? Here in the US we have the SHART.

11. I got a proper Scart for my PS1 and was hugely surprised by the difference. Always got fully pinned leads after that. I even got a modded N64 as the blurriness bothered me so much. It's a real shame Sony still have the green screen thing in this day and age. Think we're somewhat past doing piracy in the way it tries to stop.

12. SCART is Syndicat des Constructeurs d'Appareils Radiorécepteurs et Téléviseurs

In America, another name for SCART is EIA Multiport

13. Don't you have Scart connections? I heard S-Video was more popular over there but I'm not sure.

14. I am going to have to paste in its name because it is french.

Syndicat des Constructeurs d'Appareils Radiorécepteurs et Téléviseurs

Its a french invention that used 21 pins to relay video and audio to a TV, fantastic picture quality in its day but the connector was bulky and horrible. It was the most common form of connection over here before HDMI and used for everything from VCR/DVDs to Cable/Sky STB's.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. I'm not even sure their TVs would make the best use of it, what with all the NTSC/PAL palaver. What was it? 468 horizontal lines @60hz for NTSC versus 512 @50hz for PAL?

@grim, you are SLOOOOOOOOOOW

16. I was forced to when I started to play imported games, I had to get my Final Fantasy sequels faster than everyone else.

17. Only because I took the time to include detailed information and diagrams, you would have got a C, I got an A.

18. At least I told him what it was commonly called in America, which would be more useful information than your ramble. C-

19. Yeah we got the S-Video. It ranks lower than component but it's a simple to use.

20. We had some access to S-Video but it was far less widespread. I think I only ever used it once to transmit a picture from my PC to an old CRT TV I had. It seemed a pain like Component as you had to have separate leads for audio.