Last Game You Completed?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Phisix, Jan 24, 2011.

1. I completed Yakuza 4 the other day, brilliant game much better than number 3 IMO, they need to make the fighting more diverse and get decent English voice overs and it will be amazing.

Really makes me want Shenmue 3 to come out :(

2. Wasn't this the one where they kept the Japanese voices? In my opinion, that's probably better than having the English dub.

3. As far as I can remember they keep the Japanese voices in all of them.

The dubs would most likely be terrible but I hate having to read the subtitles as it ruins the realism and atmosphere of the game IMO. and for me personally it also destroys the games re-playability which is a shame as there are tons of side quests and mini games to do that I can't be arsed to do because It's not in English.

4. The yakuzas on the PS2 had Awful English dubs, there's nothing more jarring than an American voice reading out a Japanese name. Surely Japanese voices in a Japanese city is the more realistic option? I think so anyway

I don't really think that reading subtitles should affect replayability; we managed to cope through previous generations of consoles and games.

Reminds me of an IT crowd line:

"I can't read and see things"

5. Shenmue 2 is much better with subtitles - seems far less kooky. Still, it's nice to have the option for both I suppose - I'm not a fan of subtitles when there's lots action going on.

6. I never got the chance to play Yakuza 1&2 on the PS2 as they were quite hard to get a hold of if I recall correctly, Original Voices/Language may make the game more realistic but I hate reading subtitles It stops me fully enjoying a game/Film so I'd prefer to have rubbish Dubs over amazing original sound.

Just one of those personal Preferences I guess.

7. Beat Halo Reach on Very Easy (I play all of my games on the easiest setting now :) I'm getting old lol). Yes, Halo 1p has always been a joke on it's easiest settings, but even BF: BC2 gave me more of a challenge on Easy than Halo did... This game was NOT made for 1p, and it's very short.

8. Finished all the maps in Defense Grid:Awakening. The Portal map was my favorite. I'll probably buy some of the map packs.

9. Bfun, you should have gotten the map packs for free with your steam summer sale tickets!

10. So I've heard but I don't recall seeing them. I paid $2.49 for the stand alone. I think I might have seen it combined with the map packs for $4.99. Steam changed the prices on some of the games from day to day. I might have missed the free day.

11. last game I finished was the first uncharted.

12. I got the platinum in AC2. The remaining trophies were time consuming, I've spent like 3 hours finding all these feathers and I did that so quickly only because of perfect hints found on the net. Without any help it would take ages to find them all.

But the most irritating trophy was probably the Sandman where you have to throw sand and stun 4 enemies at once. I've lost like 15 minutes going around the piazza, getting hits from enemies, throwing sand when possible and stunning 2 or 3 at a time.

13. I haven't played AC 2 for months, I finished the story with only two achievements left to get. One was the feathers and the other was wearing the Auditore cape or something. Never could be bothered and now my disc is fucked. Oh well.

14. The two are related in a sense that you have to collect all the feathers, deposit them in your villa and only then you get the cape you can wear. The auditore cape is somewhat special because it unconditionally sets your "wanted" level to maximum in most cities. However, "wear the cape in every city" means that you can fast travel to the city, spend one second in a location and fast travel to another location.

The only exception is "mountains" which cannot be fast-traveled to so you have to get to east Florence, move by foot (or get a horse) out of the city to the mountain path, wait for mountains to be loaded and immediately go back.

Missing only two trophies is a bad luck, really.

15. I could've gotten them. I even had the feather locations printed out at one point, I just really couldn't be bothered. I hate collectibles at the best of times.

16. I hate them too. In AC2 the enviroment is so complicated, that finding anything can be a nightmare.

What worked for me was a guide where you not only see the location on the map but also can click on it and see a screenshot taken from the game, showing the exact location of a feather. Feathers located somewhere high were easy to spot with the eagle vision. However these located somewhere near the ground had often to be find by carefully matching the screenshot with the actual enviroment.

Some feathers are hidden so well that they are almost impossible to find without exact screenshots. During the gameplay I've found like 40 and the remaining 60 had to be found using the guide.

17. That's the technique I used for the tags/oysters/jumps/horseshoes/snapshots on GTA San Andreas

18. The AC2 platinum was the first and only platinum I got. Was easy to get bar the annoying feathers.

19. +1

that's actually my first too :)

20. I was close to getting platinum's on Uncharted 1 and 2, and DBZ raging Blast too, but sold it. Need to Save up £120 before September before my brother moves away to Uni so I can buy it back before he sales to someone else..