Last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by bfun, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Solo was much better imo. Rouge One was all samey for me.

2. The ending of Rogue One was epic. I really enjoyed seeing Darth Vader go berserk on the rebels.

3. Sicario 2 Day of the Soldado

This movie doesn't have anyone like the Emily Blunt character in #1 to be the moral grounding. It's just bad dudes doing bad stuff. It was entertaining with good action scenes. I liked it almost as much as the first one.

7/10

4. As I pay for Sky Movies, Netflix and Amazon I try to watch a lot of films to get my monies worth, but I also forget most of them quite quickly, here are the ones I can remember recently in abridged format.

A Quiet Place
    Well that was fucking boring, don't bother.

Bird Box
    You thought A Quiet Place was boring? By the end of it I wished I was wearing a blindfold.

Solo
    Really disappointed, Rouge One was so much better and I can see now why the spin off films might not be going anywhere.

Terrifier
    Sounds strange but I really liked the murders in this film and the clown is one of my favourite movie killers for a while, he was brilliantly done.

The Hive
    Was alright I suppose.

There have been loads of other films but now I am closer to 40 than I am 30 I can't remember and I often find myself putting on films thinking I haven't seen them only to realise 5 minutes in I have. If I ever remember I will update.

• like like x 1
    • lol lol x 1
  5. Solo was so boring. I don’t know how they managed it. Disney really seem to have lost their way with the Star Wars stuff.

Terrifier was pretty predictable but I found enough to enjoy. Pretty sure that clown was in an earlier anthology film - All Hallow’s Eve maybe? - it was on Amazon Prime.

6. This made me laugh. It's both absurd and rational at the same time.

7. #2587 cmdrmonkey, Feb 3, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    Mortal Engines

The premise of giant driving battle cities was awesome and it does have some cool parts. Hugo Weaving always plays a good villain. But it gets dragged down by a lot of cheesy and bad parts. It was also way too long. That being said, if you sit through all of the badness the final battle between London and the shield wall is pretty cool. It's not a good movie, but it's entertaining enough.

6/10

8. #2588 cmdrmonkey, Feb 3, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    Bohemian Rhapsody

Rami Malek completely disappears into the role of Freddie Mercury. He looks and sounds exactly like him. It ends with a shot for shot recreation of Queen playing at Live Aid in 1985. If you like Queen you’ll probably enjoy this movie. It’s full music biopic cliches, but I would say that it's worth seeing for the soundtrack and the great Freddie Mercury performance.

7/10

Can You Ever Forgive Me

A failed biographer turns to making forgeries of letters from famous authors that she sells for cash. It was decent. Kind of funny at times, but really slow and depressing at others. I liked how the people selling to the collectors didn't even seem to care much if the letters were real. They just needed to be convincing enough to sell.

6/10

A Star is Born

My wife and I couldn't sit through this one. It just seemed like a cheesy Lady Gaga vanity project. It was really boring. We ended up turning it off.

9. #2589 cmdrmonkey, Feb 18, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    The Favourite

My wife and I enjoyed it. Worth a watch if you want to see a trashy period piece with a lot of dark humor.

7/10

10. Big Hero 6

My son absolutely loves this movie. I enjoyed it too.

8/10

11. There is a TV series as well if he wants more of it,

12. The Kid Who Would Be King

Meh. It's no Harry Potter. 6/10

Marry Poppins Returns

Loved it. 9/10

13. #2593 AKS, Feb 23, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    Alita: Battle Angel 8.5/10
    I just watched this in IMAX 3D, and it was awesome. Eventually someone was bound to get a comic or manga to live action right. This is that movie. Special effects are by WETA, probably the best work they've done and quite possibly the the best CGI/ FX work anyone has done to date. Looks very loyal to source material. Bits of the manga I've seen could have been storyboards for scenes in the movie. The cast is surprisingly strong with the exception of one character, who was mediocre but not bad enough to damage the film overall. The lead Rosa Salazar nailed this character, which everything hinged on. Definitely sets up a sequel, which is unsurprising. You can't cover an entire manga in one movie. Hope it does well enough for another Alita film because this looked incredibly expensive with stratospheric production values.

EDIT: Found a comparison video that shows how similar some scenes were to the OVA.

14. Avengers: Infinity War 6/10
    I managed to watch the entire 2.5 hour movie with only a single brief break to make some tea, so it's already far ahead of Black Panther, although this thing did send me back to Wakanda for a major battle. I realize not seeing all the other precursor movies to this first is not optimal. I am aware of most of these characters from comics but not the way all of them have been portrayed in the recent films. The humor was pretty corny and there were some pretty sappy moments, but it was as expected, so these aspects didn't detract too much. I would have excluded some of the lesser characters like Rocket Raccoon, but I guess someone likes stuff like that given the box office of this movie. It was OK to watch once and could be worth watching if Endgame turns out to be worth watching. At least I'll know most of what's going on if I watch Endgame later.

15. Leaving Neverland Part 1

[​IMG]

16. #2596 cmdrmonkey, Mar 11, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    @bfun

hahhahahahahh

I mean everybody already knew MJ diddled kids but listened to his music anyway. I don't think they'll stop listening to his music either.

17. These two are not credible. Both these guys worked for or adjacent to MJJ Productions and as soon as they run out of money they were molested. I think there might be 1 somewhat credible case from back in the early 90s. That dude took major money and ran.

Looking at the hard evidence it's a coin flip, but MJ was 100% a weird dude. If he was a pedophile then these parents were straight up pimps. Selling their young kids off for money, houses, cars, and jewelry. Fuck those parents, probably got a nice payday from HBO too. If what the allege is true they should also be in jail.

18. #2598 cmdrmonkey, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    Maybe he molested them and maybe he didn't. I guarantee you no one will remember or care about any of this a year from now and everyone will still be listening to his music. He was quite simply one of the greatest singers and dancers of all time. It trumps that he may have been a terrible human being.

19. #2600 cmdrmonkey, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    I kinda skimmed through the MJ HBO documentary thing because it was very boring. The accusers don't seem credible. Their body language suggests they are lying. Their stories suddenly go from being very detailed to lacking much detail at all when it comes to the abuse. It was just like “oh he took me in the room and we did the sex thing again.” Both guys have recently run out of money, and suddenly they are accusing MJ of sex crimes. That's more than a little suspicious.