Last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by bfun, Jan 24, 2011.

1. epstein lives on?

2. Mulan

Like Crouching Tigger, Hidden Pooh Bear. Disney did good. I'll give it a 9/10.

3. The Black Cauldron

Also know as the movie that almost killed Disney. Corpses, dark magic, boob play, and a $21 million dollar loss. Not very Disney like.

4. I overall thought it would've been a much better movie if it wasn't a disney movie. The movie was too tied down to disney restrictions. The villains needed much more character development.

Actually funny you bring up crouching tiger. Did you watch the sequel that netflix made a few years ago? I bring it up because it's similar in being a chinese movie with english language. It's not a good movie either, but I feel like it did a better job.

5. I seen that sequel. It’s an ok martial arts flick but is nowhere near the original. Netflix has some classic kung fu though.

I can’t pay $30 for a Disney movie at home though.

6. That's the problem with these movies. It's pretty impossible to make a chinese movie catered for a western audience. Chinese movies are based on chinese culture, but then you gut out the culture when you create it for the western audience, it just all falls apart.

With the $30 cost for the Disney movie, if you look at it as a whole, it's not horrrrribleeee. Disney sells their blurays for $25-$30. And if you look at imaginary scenarios... Paying for a family to watch this in theater, you'll easily surpass $30 for tickets. Repeat watch, you pay again. bla bla bla.

When my 3 month free disney+ trial is up, i'm not going to be able to watch this $30 purchase again though.. lol

7. I heard people were boycotting this because it cost additional money on top of the subscription.

Tech companies like Netflix and Amazon have successfully commoditized entertainment. They don’t make money on it directly but use it to drive alternate revenue streams. Or just operate at a loss because Wall Street doesn’t give a fuck.

I have a feeling they are going to squeeze old school entertainment companies of the market in the long run.

8. They are also boycotting it because the main actor supports the Hong Kong police.

9. Disney kept it simple like a Disney movie should. Bad guy bad. Good guy good. Laugh and cry. Done. In a normal pre-covid world, a more complex Chinese themed movie wouldn't do as well as this family fun version. Now if they had planned on this going strait to streaming, maybe it could have been different.

10. Beetlejuice

Last time I watched this was probably 30 years ago. Damn I'm old and damn Michael Keaton was really good.

11. The Smurfs 2 - It was Smurftastic 6/10
    The Witches (1990) - I can't believe I'd never seen this. It was alright considering it's age. 6/10
    ParaNorman - It was actually pretty good. 8/10
    Hocus Pocus - Guess I've seen this like 5 times now. It's okay. - 6/10
    The Haunted Mansion - It sucked but the kids liked it. 3/10

12. Suspiria

The 2018 version. It’s in the same arena as other pretentious hipster slow burn horror films like Hereditary, The VVitch, and Midsommar. Its good.

13. Rampage. Surprisingly good. Never thought they'd actually make a movie of the classic game on a semi huge budget.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DC using Tapatalk

14. I think the likelihood of my previous conjecture has increased considerably.

15. Soul

All Pixar and no Disney in this one. Not funny or cute and it probably wont sell any toys, but over all very good. 9/10

16. WW84

I enjoyed the first one better, overall. But very enjoyable. Gal is a stone cold fox and I’ll watch anything she’s in, the cheetah girl was alright but needed more development, the mandalorian was pretty good, believable. The overall premise was interesting.

And honestly the first hour is “Hey remember the 80s? They were radicool”. But I am more excited for upcoming DCU movies after watching it. Wonder Woman may be the Iron Man glue that holds them all together.

17. Better off Dead

I used to think this movie was so bad it was good, but really it's just bad. It checks off several of the 80s comedy movie requirments though. Random semi-nude women. 40 year olds playing high school students. Coke or Pepsi product placement. Jerk boyfriend who plays the bad guy.

18. #2738 cmdrmonkey, Mar 2, 2021
    Last edited: May 12, 2021
    Better off Dead is self aware though. It’s a bad 1980s teen comedy, but it’s also making fun of bad 1980s teen comedies.

19. Justice League Snyder Cut

It’s long as hell. But I liked it better than the Whedon original. Cyborg and Flash get more shine and there’s some weird song choices. Also more backstory on Steppenwolfs motivation.

I don’t know if it’s “good”. But it’s better than the original.

20. I watched the real Justice League movie last night through early morning today. It was a dramatic improvement, particularly for Cyborg and Flash. Even the bank scene that shared most of the footage from the theatrical version was much better. I hope HBO works out a deal to follow up Snyder's version. Joss Whedon should just be disregarded, both his trash take on JL and as a director and person in general.