Last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by bfun, Jan 24, 2011.

1. The Last Duel (2021)
    Watched this on blu-ray this past weekend. It's a tragic story about an event that actually took place in 14th century France. The production value is very high here (Ridley Scott) and I felt the acting was fantastic. If you're looking for a period drama, this movie certainly fits the bill. I was a big fan of The Duellists (also a Ridley Scott movie from a long time ago), so I've been looking forward to this one ever since I first heard of it. I'm happy to say I was very satisfied with this movie. It's not for everyone (2h30m drama), so perhaps don't expect Gladiator-level action, but a fascinating portrayal of a real event that took place.

2. Spider-Man: No Way Home

I liked how they use Marvel Multi-Verse to explain away the inconsistencies in Marvel movies.

3. You should watch the marvel What if series on disney plus. it'll get you ready for the new dr strange movie in May

4. I started it. I need to continue. The What If comics were some of my favorites as a kid. They were big on the, who would win if X and Y battled. I still google that stuff. Thanos vs Darkseid, Joker vs Deadpool, Superman vs Captain Marvel.

5. The Batman.

Finally a realistic, dark, and gritty Batman movie.

6. I'm planning on watch The Batman soon. Decently talented people involved, and it seems like DC movies are best when they're doing their own thing rather than whatever dumb shit Walter Hamada is trying to do with DCEU (I'd assume a The Producers-like strategy of intentionally destroying the brand based on what I've read about their future plans).

7. You should. It’s very strong. Don’t get me wrong, it’s also emo and pretty long. But not omg my ass hurts long. And not omg cut my wrists so I can feeeeeeel emo.

I wasn’t sure if it became “The Crow” but there’s a vibe. These are all niggling distractions though. The movie is both awesome and good.

It’s visually stunning, visceral, action packed, badassed, very well acted, and well paced for its length. My initial reaction is to put it right up there with any Nolan or Burton Batman film. It might be better than the Nolan’s even, in terms of sheer atmosphere and moodiness (hard to beat Burton on that).

I don’t want to say much more to avoid hyping it up or spoiling it. But it’s see it in the good theater good.

8. I felt that. The Flash could ruin everything. Which sucks because he is kind of my favorite. Hopefully they look at The Batman’s success and adjust accordingly.

9. Eternals

I liked it, but I can see why people didn't. My son said it was boring and left the room.

10. Just saw the Eternals as well. It was fine. Nothing to write home about. It was a little too much Ancient Aliens for me though. At some point it got tiresome.

11. My wife spent the entire three hours of Eternals hating on it and making fun of it. So that might have colored my impression of it a bit.

12. The French Dispatch

This is the first Wes Anderson film I didn't like. It was too wacky even for him. I think the real problem was doing an anthology of 3-4 short stories instead of 1 long story where you get invested in the quirky characters. He front loaded the best stories/characters/actors so I was pretty bored with the final stories and just wanted the movie to end.

Got rave reviews as his "best" work so I'm guessing most reviewers didn't watch the film.

13. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

It's pretty dark for a Marvel PG13 movie and I know some are complaining that it didn't get an R rating. It felt like a Michael Bay and Bruce Campbell cross over. There was lots of action with horror elements and that probably makes for a good blockbuster movie, but I felt it was missing something, Dr. Strange felt like Ironman in a robe. 6/10

14. Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore

Confusing, pointless and a little fun. It's kind of shame they couldn't do better with the franchise. 6/10

15. Jurassic world Dominion.

Basically, get a hammer. Hit your head with it. And you will enjoy the movie.

Sent from my NX669J using Tapatalk

16. Top Gun: Maverick

It was as stupid as the first. Yeah I said it. Fight me.

Death on the Nile

A bit disappointing. There was never an ah ha moment.

17. How gay was Top Gun 2. Did Maverick and Iceman finally kiss?

18. shame you didn't like it. the movie was like a rollercoaster ride. the camerawork was very well done.

19. #2860 bfun, Jun 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    I shouldn't imply that I didn't like it. It was entertaining, but I'm not a Tom Cruise fan. I also had a roommate in college that could quote the entire script of the first movie and that was supper annoying. But the idea that the US had an important mission and was limited to inferior plane tech was kind of odd. It seemed like two tomahawk missiles could have ended the movie in the first 10 minutes.