Last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by bfun, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Spider-Man 3

Another one of those movies that seems a lot better the second time round on the home TV.

2. Fast 5.

Was much better than I expected, possibly due to the theater audience who made everything seem funnier than it probably was. Plus there were some babes and very, very nice cars.

3. Flatliners

Hilariously awful early 90s cheese full of popular but horrible actors. You would think that in a movie where they're constantly resuscitating people they could have learned something about how it's actually done, like that you don't shock asystole.

The Jacket

I thought it had an interesting premise. It was part psychological thriller, and part sci-fi movie about time travel. I had mixed feelings about the ambiguous ending, but overall I thought it was pretty good.

4. You mean you don't shock the asshole?

5. Nah, that means that they've flatlined.

6. I saw the original Fantasia online last night for the first time in almost 20 years. I remember watching it when I was about 5 and I liked it because it was fun to watch. Now I'm older I can appreciate the musical aspect of it too. Was stunned to find it was released in 1940! The animation has held up quite well. I'd like to see the remake Fantasia 2000 to see how it compares.

7. THOR

This was one I'd been looking forward to for a while and it didn't disappoint. They have the perfect guy in the role and I'm really looking forward to The Avengers now Live seen the little continuity teaser at the end of the movie. Fans of the comic will greek out when they see what lies at the end credits.

Definately worth watching.

8. Think you mean geek.

9. Stupid predictive text...Although they could possibly greek out too

[​IMG]

I guess it depends how happy they are..

10. Gasland

It's a documentary about the devestating effects of hydraulic fracturing, the process used to extract natural gas. It's destroying quite a bit of formerly pristine land and contaminating water supplies with very toxic chemicals. The big scene everyone notices in this movie is a bit where a homeowner who agreed to this procedure on his land ran the faucet and was actually able to ignite the gas that was coming out with a lighter. The companies behind this practice has been in PR overdrive trying to discredit his work, which isn't surprising from these types of corporate scumbags. I'd definitely recommed checking it out and also scanning to ensure this isn't happening where you live. Thankfully, the area where they're trying to get into is east of where I live. There are tons of corporate robots where I live, so if there was natural gas to be had here, I'd probably have to relocate because most here would probably blindly agree to it. To fight the terrorists or some such conservative nonsense.

11. Thor is getting great reviews (95% on Rottentomatoes and 7.9 on IMDB). Pretty impressive for a superhero movie. Maybe I'll go see it this weekend.

12. Seriously, I really enjoyed it. So much so that I'm going back tonight to see it again at the IMAX.

13. On the Beach

I thought it held up remarkably well for such an old movie, and the end is haunting. I also thought it was more realistic than most post-nuclear movies I've seen. The reality is that if the blast didn't kill you, radiation poisoning from the fallout probably would.

14. I'm going to see Thor in 3D at 9.30 since my mate invited me. I was unaware of such a film or even the fact that Thor was a comic book character. The only Thor I know of is the Greek God, oh well, let's see what it's like. At least it's in 3D :)

15. Thor is Norse, not Greek.

16. Yeah I knew that, you just failed my geek test, or passed it whichever's funnier.

Overall I was a little underwhelmed by the film. It was a good film, nothing more. For the first time the 3D didn't really wow me, the acting was nothing special. I guess if I knew the story from the comics I would've enjoyed it more. However I do think I was falling in love with Natalie Portman in the film, at times she was beyond beautiful.

17. Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman

Not the best but a good DC film.

All Star Superman

Just average. They couldn't pull off a convincing Lex Luther.

Despicable Me

Too few laughs and a thin story line.

Megamind

Pretty good toon.

18. Netflix. I rented Inglorious bastards thinking it's a funny movie ala tropic thunder? I should REALLY watch some trailers before blindly following suggestions here....

I than rented Hereafter expecting it to be an Inception-like (excuse the term) mind-fuck, the kind of movie you leave the theater with more questions than answers with. I wasn't too excited about this possibility. Let me tell you though... it's just the OPPOSITE! And no it has very little to do with religion... unless you just don't believe in life after death at ALL (not including zombies...). It's just a VERY easy going and 'sweet' ride, I do suggest it if life after death 'I see dead ppl' style doesn't cross your religion (or lack of...)

So basically... in the last week... I rented two EXACT opposite movies. Awesome.

19. Inglourious Basterds was an awesome movie. What didn't you like about it?

Frankly, when you saw Tarantino's name on it, you should have known what to expect.

20. I wasn't ready for the bastards part. Like I said I totally took it in a more whimsical sort of way. Revenge story lines don't quite sit well with me some times. Perhaps it was the brutal way it was put, but I do love well thought out plans like the girl did or stuff like Oceans##. I just don't have the stomach for the scalpin Nazi's part.

I peep from under the blanket when watching Saw or Final Destination... but still will watch that stuff (pnly saw the originals). I tend to avoid it though. I can't even gut a worm for crying out loud.