Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Phisix, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Alrighty, we need a thread for this beast. There is not much news on this yet except a teaser trailer. This trailer basically states that it will be based on Earth and will feature all the reapers. Obviously there will still be space travel.

Also, this time Mass Effect 3 will be a multi-console release. So everyone can witness how this great series ends. Discussion and things on what you think or would like to be in this game?

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1146752p1.html

2. I want to see a return of the Mako. That was the best part of ME1.

3. Me too, but a bunch of pussies complained that it was too hard to drive.

4. I don't get that. The thing would drive on pretty much any terrain and was indestructible. Maybe it was the crappy 360 controller causing the problem.

5. I didn't mind the planet mining, it boded well with my OCD nature. I stripped those planets of every last resource. Then I woke up and realised I'd already bought all the upgrades I could and still had quite a few planets I hadn't touched and that I would have saved much more time just skimming for the big resource deposits.

Then I remembered how much better the Mako was from ME1. I'd like so see it return, either that or some sort of new vehicle all together (hover, plane, subterranean?).

6. I thought the mining was a complete wast of time. It was like playing whack-a-mole without the moles. In ME1 I actually enjoyed touring the planets with the Mako. Some of them were beautiful.

7. exactly I keep trying to explain this to my casual gamer friends but NONE of them understand :( it's just not fair. I just want something to explore with. I did like the upgrading weapons thing with elements you find laying around.
    I fricken HATED to drive the mako though, unless I had a big open space. the thing couldn't turn for jack.

8. Was there a difference between 360 version and the PC version? I had the PC version and never had any problems driving the Mako

9. I never had a problem either and I played it on PC. It was fun to drive, and you could totally rape the Geth with it.

10. I didn't find it hard on 360, it was actually very easy. I don't think that there were any differences Bfun, people just don't get that it can climb 90 degree inclines.

11. I'd never played a mass effect game until yesterday. I got me2 for ps3. Haven't played it enough to have a grasp of what it's like yet. I'm hoping it's as good as everyone says.

12. You won't have a clue what's going on unless you play the first game.

13. I think ME2 on PS3 has an introductory film/segment that explains what happened in the first ME.

14. I didn't play the P version but many would compare driving the mako to driving Halo's Warthog. both could take on pretty much anything BUT the mako controlled differently, I think it was twin sticks, one for each track. rather than how the Warthog is done. Just annoying ESPECIALLY when driving over that one long bridge with geth lined up all on it. it was like, you can't precisely controll this boat YET if you get out you get your ass filled up with rockets! PLUS I don't think the mako had very good breaks and just a LITTLE bit over the edge would end your mission :( so that was the one part of the game I REALLY hated.

But whomping on thresher maws (and running away from them until you figured out how :|) was SO fun :)

15. Ah. The PC version was just the normal FPS controls on the keyboard. So simple.

16. This was a concern I had prior to buying the game but the colleague who suggested I buy the game told me that, as Chi said, if you buy it brand new on ps3 you get a code which can be redeemed online to download the dlc missions and character(s) as well as the interactive comic (from darkhorse). This served as not only a tool for filling you in on the events of the first game, but also as a tool for deciding how ME2 plays as I believe your actions in the first game determine aspects of the sequel. Don't get me wrong, I'd liked to have started with the original so I would have a much deeper understanding of everything but they didn't port ME1 over did they? So far it's good, but not great, early days still. There's not really much in the way of RPGness in this game. I was expecting more character development rather than just levelling up whenever you complete a mission.

17. In the PC and 360 versions you import your save file from the original game and your decisions carry over.

No character development? You must not be very far, or you're skipping the crew missions (which will have dire consequences later on). ME2 has better developed characters than almost any RPG I've played.

It's a shame they didn't port the original over too. It was also a great game, and I don't think you can adequately sum up a 30+ hour story driven RPG for someone who never played it with a five minute comic. I think you're not getting into it because you don't know the characters or the universe and what's going on. It would be like coming into the middle of the Star Wars or Lord of the Rings Trilogies, having missed the first installment. You're doing it wrong.

Do you have a PC? I think you should sell your PS3 copy and get both games on Steam for the PC. Without playing the first game you aren't getting the full Mass Effect experience.

18. and by not very far in he means anything less than 20 hours :x

19. All ive seen in the way of character development is earning two squad points everytime i finish a mission and on or two upgrades. Hardly promising so far but as I said myself, I've not played it all that much so I'm still expecting it to pick up.

20. Are you not talking to any of the characters? That's about the dumbest thing I've heard since your Gamecube punching comment. If anything people have complained that Mass Effect tends to go overboard with its story and character development.