Mathematics, Physics and all other forms of Science.

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Armitage, Sep 3, 2012.

1. I thought I'd make this little topic to allow any members to not only discuss any of the Sciences, but post questions they may like to ask and share around any interesting bits of information they come across in their travels.

2. What's up with Uranus?

3. If you take a hack saw to dry ice it sounds like it's farting. Science!

4. Well, at least I tried.

5. Can science make a rock so heavy that it couldn't pick it up?

6. Nope but God can.

7. [1] Citation needed.

8. [1] Bhagavad Gita As It Is, A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Praphupada, 1968

9. Could God microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?

10. Axiomatization needed.

11. What's heavier? A 1000 tons of iron on the moon or 1 ton of feathers on the sun?

12. The feathers will turn to dust for the dustman!

13. Sadly you're right - the moon doesn't have gravity so the lead weights wouldn't weigh a thing. A ton of feathers on the sun would actually weigh 10,000,000 x million tons if they survived the temperatures that approach 10,000 Fahrenheit. That's because the sun is very big so it attracts a lot of gravity. The more you know.

Here's a puzzler: if you weighed the universe, what single category item would be the heaviest? Water? Iron? Or something else?

14. my penis.

15. Moon's gravity compared to earth: 1/6
    Sun's gravity compared to earth: 28x

1000 tons of iron on the moon = 166 tons
    1 ton of feathers on sun (assuming they don't burn up) = 28 tons

But the problem was meant to be a mockery of these kinds of silly bullshit problems so whatever.

Galactic superclusters.

16. What does single category define, exactly?

17. Google says you are wrong! Is this the liberal propaganda you are teaching impressionable youths?

18. I think he was making a mockery of the topic. Your average dudebro thinks there's no gravity on the moon.

Also, wall structures such as the Sloan Great Wall are more massive than galactic superclusters, but there seem to be fewer of them. So by category I would go with superclusters as the heaviest thing in the universe.

19. If were talking about a single "object" then my answer would be a neutron star, the densest known matter in the universe. Of course, science is yet to tackle the challenge of analyzing the density of Armadeadn ;) Haarrrr

20. They've found peculiarities within his skull but really haven't yet been able to make sense of it.

[​IMG]