Men Are For Android, Women Are For iOS

Discussion in 'Technology' started by bfun, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Women like fast web-browsing.

2. I'd guess Apple 'copyrighted' that just like they 'copyrighted' vertical hand gestures :/ lol

3. I don't see how you can say that. Apple is in direct competition with other manufacturers on AT&T, Verizon, and now Sprint in the U.S. The Android OS just isn't a compelling sales tool for general public sales, otherwise they would spend more time on it. It's not like a larger sized screen is really a unique feature of Android phones these days.

4. What I mean is that there is only one platform for Apple IOS. It's not like someone could ever load it on a Samsung. If someone wants IOS it's going on a Apple iPhone. Android is the opposite. If someone wants Android they have to choose which platform they want to run it on and that list keeps getting larger. A larger screen is precisely why someone might choose Samsung over LG. The Android advertisements are meant to steer customers away from other Android devices as much as they are meant to steer customers away from Apple.

5. so the ps vita has the same soc as the iphone4gs?? non-removable battery and proprietary out the wazoo it pactically IS an iphone 4gs without phone capabilities

6. Society of Cartographers?

7. But how would a general consumer decide they wanted Android OS if it's not an emphasis of the advertising?

8. They don't decide that, they decide they want a device, not an OS.

9. Exactly my point when it comes to Android phones. Other than the network or contract, the primary marketing focus is on the hardware. For iPhone, other than the network or contract, the primary marketing focus is on the software.

10. To be fair, most people will buy a phone based on what it looks like/brand. Os and features don't come into it unless they're a geek. I know I choose my phones on form factor primarily, then on features, eg wifi, camera etc. The OS doesn't really figure.

iPhone users buy the phone because it's an iPhone. Forget about OS and features, they don't matter.

11. I think this is especially true as more of the general public moves to data phones. If you've ever stood around the laptop section at Best Buy you'll see plenty of people buying laptops based on price and appearance with no understanding of the hardware or software.

12. Yeah, Apple always focuses their iPhone ads on people directly interacting with the OS and software features because it doesn't help sell the phones. Sure.

13. I don't ever recall seeing an iphone 4 commercial. even after seeing one linked I don't think I'd seen one on tv. I saw Mac vs PC commercials years ago... I don't watch a lot of TV, but when I do I hadn't see Mac commercials in years... perhaps it doesn't work?? that iphone 4 commercial could easily have been a demonstration or from a year+ ago.

14. People who already own an iphone will buy the next iphone. Apple could release an iphone that was identical to the previous one apart from looks and probably 90% would still buy it.

15. How do you explain the constant growth in sales since the original iPhone release then? If they only sell to previous iPhone owners, sales growth would be stagnant every year.

16. If you don't believe me, all the iPhone 4 ads from the last year are in here...there's one ad each for iPod/iTunes, App Store, Airplay, FaceTime, iBooks, Game Center, and Retina Display.

So, 6/7 ads didn't focus on hardware.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Apple

17. OK now I remember a face time commercial with an ipad (see problem is these commercials are SOOO boring you don't even remember them!) a bit back... probly ipad 1 so it WAS a good few back... anyway Apple has DEFFINITELY scaled advertising back... and maybe they stopped advertising during sports games since guys hardly buy these anyway...

18. Peer pressure, all the kids want to be cool, and all the cool kids have iphones.

19. I am corrected, just saw an ios 5 commercial during the world series