Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by chi, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Heh, this video is a 'live action' version of minecraft. I happened to find it quite funny, but that could be because I'm a youngin' so my sense of humour has yet to properly mature.

Here's the link:

2. Chi, do you think we should just set up a temporary server for now so that we can start on our castle, and then give the map file to whoever sets up the future 'proper' PVC minecraft server?

3. Sounds like a good idea, just need to figure out when we're both online and see who's willing/able to be the host

4. I had the MC server client software before when minecraft was in alpha but I couldn't get it working that time. However now that it's in beta I may have more success with the new, updated software.

5. Well it looks like that's settled then, just need to get some workable hours.

6. Ok Chi, I've sent you a private message with the server details. Silly I know, but I though they may get your attention more than me posting here.

7. Whoops, looks like i missed you. I'll probably be online in the evening. (GMT)

8. Fair enough. I gave you very little warning which was a bit stupid, but I'd just got the bloody thing working (I think) and so I was a bit excited to test it.

9. You online now?

10. Yep, you can try and join.

11. Ok I've reset it now Chi, you can come back and join. Lets hope there are some mountains now.

GOD DAMNIT IT'S EVEN FLATTER THAN BEFORE AT SPAWN!!!!

12. Some good progress on the Castle Grayskull/of Doom. The skull is coming along nicely and once that's done there'll be the interior to do.

@bfun, what username did you register under?

13. Uhhh, Chi, I don't mean to alarm you but the centre wasn't exaclty where you thought it was. The right side of the castle face needs substantial work now. I'm not sure If I'll get it all done before tomorrow.

Ok, now that didn't take as long as I expected. It's done; the place seems completely symetrical from the outside, not so much inside the skull but that doesn't really matter at the moment.

14. Chi, I may not be able to keep the server up properly as my laptop goes to sleep once left idle for a period of time. I am not sure if the server software prevents that.

15. Ah right, there should be some settings you can change that with in the power settings.

Server is down... :(

16. Server is back up! You can come for now at least. I'll fiddle with the power settings.

17. Ok, be on in a sec

My text isn't showing up in the chat. Shall I log out?

18. Wait up, the server software needs to be updated. Now I'm not sure how to go about that, so give me about 10 minutes. Need to be careful to preserve greyskull.

19. I've logged out.

Don't you go to the minecraft website and download the new server software from there?

20. I'm trying, but it just stops downloading at a certian percentage.