Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by chi, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Dam Chi. You built the whole thing in a single day.

2. Chi, if you want to go on the server now I can open it up for you, but I wont be playing as I have some things to sort out. I may later though. Just say if you want the server up.

3. No way, we did the basic shape the first night and shaped it and did the lava the second. It's a shame the server's not up 24/7, it's tricky finding out when Armitage is online.

What did you get up to on the server?

@Armitage, I I'll probably be on later as well, a couple of hours maybe. Up to you whether you start it now or if you'll be on then.

4. Hmmm, well I killed a sheep, jumped into the lava and died, and found a invincible super pig. Armitage didn’t believe me about the pig. If I get on tonight I’ll build some furniture. Figured I’d make a nice bed that He-Man and the Sorceress can use to bow chicka bow bow.

5. that lava was a nightmare. We must have died about 50 times getting that done. I think the tunnel in the mouth should lead into a giant hallway with pillars. Probably work on that when i'm on

The invincible animals are usually down to lag. Normally takes a while for it to register a hit for me.

6. Imagine if this was where you jumped into a conversation:

Only here :)

7. So I just downloaded the beta and created an account but it won't log me in. it just says user not premium. WTF?

8. You have to buy the game in order to have a premium account, if you want to try the game, you'll have to play Classic mode in the browser. It's a really old alpha build for the browser version though, so you can only get a feel for the creative aspect. Not sure if you can play online on the browser version either.

9. I'm guessing you have to buy the game, then pay for the privilege of playing it? No thanks.

10. Eh? You pay one fee, which registers your account as premium. The software is free to download...

11. hmm. I might look into this one then. I just dont want to pay for it and find out I don't like it.

12. try it in the browser then, it's missing the monsters and crafting and everything but it should give you enough of a feel for the game.

13. Server is up if anyone wants to join.

14. I'll be on in a minute.

15. Sorry about that Chi, my laptop went to sleep. It's back up.

16. Oh right, lol. Well I'd probably best call it a night anyway, at least I've finished the hall, just need to add pillars. Which I shall leave up to you!

Make sure to test it with something easy to break, don't go making obsidian pillars just yet!

17. No worries, I don't really want a repeat of the obsidian clearing I had to do during our mote construction lol.

18. We definitely need to make sure we've got a pool of water nearby whenever we start playing with lava. We've been burned too many times.

Take a screen grab of what you get done and post it up, be good to keep a record of our WIP.

19. No server tonight eh? Thats okay. I need to work on my skills a bit.

20. Oh I'll put it on, sorry about that, I didn't realise anyone was on who wanted to play.