Nintendo 3DS Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ali_f, Jan 24, 2011.

1. I am not even going to be able to pick up until Monday at the earliest in all likelihood. I think its damned inconsiderate of my daughter to have her birthday this weekend.

2. A quick dungeon would not do her any harm. :p

3. Ocarina Of Time is amazing. Never played the N64 version. Am enjoying it so far......people have said it's the best game ever....

4. It is! And it just got better.

5. I had it on the Gamecube, I thought it was good but totally lost interest when I got to the water temple. I got sick of getting stuck, figuring it out, 5 minutes later getting stuck again, and so on.

6. I got one. I must say I'm pretty impressed. The graphics and animation are improved, even 3D models are remade. Speaking of 3D - it's just beautiful and finally shows the potential (the only retail game I owed so far is Ridge Racer and 3D there is usually poor).

I am like 5 or 10 minuts into the game, just entered the Deku Tree but this one got me now.

7. I must be one of the few members of PVCF that didn't find the Water Temple in OOT to be significantly frustrating.

8. Not frustrating, it is just time consuming.

9. Because of a lack of demand Nintendo are apparently going to be lowering the price by 1/3 from August 12th.

This is both good and bad news for early adopters such as myself..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/nintendo/8667375/Nintendo-announce-price-cut-for-3DS-console.html

Finally be an excuse to turn on a console I haven't used since I purchased it!

10. I've felt a little burned by my early purchase of this. Hopefully Nintendo make it easy to get these. I missed out when they did something with the stars last time.

BTW, look into that Earth Defence Force game. Might be a good choice for online shenanigans.

11. Apparently as long as you have signed into the estore before the 12th August they will become available for you to download for free.

It won't be until next week now probably, already been out to lunch and I am off work tomorrow.

12. Shame on them, the Club is not available in my country which means that the only "gesture of good will" is their warm smile.

13. Well the NES ambassador games are available so I will have a look when I get home. To be honest not many of the titles interest me but when the GBA ones finally appear I will probably show more of an interest. I may download Mario and the Zelda games tonight but the eithers I am a bit meh. The first Metroid was made a lot better with Metroid Zero Mission so that is a definite skip.

O and they are not easy to get to apparently, I stole a walkthrough from somewhere else.

Open the eShop from the Nintendo 3DS menu.
    Press Menu in the top left corner.
    Scroll down to Settings/Other.
    Select Titles You've Downloaded.
    If you are eligible, the free titles should be listed on this page.
    To download a title, select the Redownload button.
    Enjoy your Nintendo classics!

14. I saw the NES list the other day and it was pretty lame. Any news on what GBA games are available?

15. I've downloaded Super Mario and Metroid, just to realize that I've played both so many times that I can't play them anymore ;)

And seriously, for me Mario is unplayable with the proposed button mapping. Both NES pad and the Wiimote (which I've used to play Mario downloaded from VC) have the sprint and jump buttons one beside the other.

However, in 3DS the mapping is A - jump. B - sprint which makes it hardly possible to hold the sprint key with the tip of your thumb and in the same time jump with the center of the thumb. It would be possible, assuming that the actual mapping is X - sprint, A - jump, however someone has decided that X should invoke the "uberimportant" VC menu with two live-saving items "exit game" and "back to game".

I can't wait then when SNES games are available.

16. I had exactly the same problem, I found it pretty much unplayable with the current control setup. The run button needs to become Y or X with the jump button underneath it and I can't believe Nintendo let this get released in its current form.

17. The downloading process was really awkward too. Quite why Nintendo couldn't manage a download all option is beyond me. Must have taken around 60-70 clicks to get everything and quite a bit of time.

18. I only did Mario, Ice Climbers and the 2 Zelda games and that was annoying enough. To be honest I will probably never play any of them and my 3DS has gone back on the shelf to collect dust.

19. The second part of the Ambassador Programme goes live on Friday (16th)

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
    Super Mario Advance 3
    Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
    Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
    Mario Kart: Super Circuit
    Mario Vs Donkey Kong
    Metroid Fusion
    Wario Land 4
    WarioWare, inc

About time really, taken them ages to deal with this. Hopefully the controls are better than on the NES games.

20. That's a pretty good line-up indeed; will have to dust off the 3DS at the weekend.