Nvidia Pascal

Discussion in 'Technology' started by bfun, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Where were you able to find a 1070 for MSRP? All I see everywhere is price gouging for the 1070 and especially 1080.

There's even a lot of RX 480 gouging going on, with it selling for around $350-380.

2. #82 bfun, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    I got an EVGA FTW for $435 off Newegg with their $25 Paypal deal. The FTW is a $30 upgrade so in the end I think it was only about $25 over MSRP. Newegg has actually had a couple of of 1070s hit $375 and $385 now with the Paypal deal. jet.com has one for $366 for new customers. I wouldn't choose a blower but that might work for some people.

This isn't the greatest version but if it comes back in stock it's $399 -$25 pay pal deal =$375.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...3512X1535351X45be06bc0b490cd73966f9512aa6bfa0

I don't have a window on my case but I still think the choose your own color on the FTW versions is pretty neat.

[​IMG]

3. How do you control the color of the leds on the card? Is there a switch or is it done through software?

4. It's in the Precision XOC software that comes with the card. The software actually looks pretty good. It's supposed to have some special Pascal OC options.

5. #85 khaid, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    it's also under geforce experience snip_20160721193801.png

6. It's gonna be like $2200 down here and it will still sell out.

7. #89 bfun, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    Got the 1070 FTW today and it boost to 1987 which is a lot higher than the advertised 1797. Looking through reviews it seems like many if not most 1070 boost into the 1900s while being marketed at much lower. So it would seem that the actual brand and type of cooler on the card don't matter that much. Pretty much every board boost to 19XX and OCs to 2050. The idea that EVGA needs multiple version of the same card doesn't really make sense anymore. It did with Kepler and maybe Maxwell but not Pascal. I don't know if this applies to the 1080 but I bet the 1060 is just the same.

8. Hmm still no emails from nvidia regarding the release on Tuesday.. I hope they don't end up with like 200 cards or some crap...

9. Ordered a TX(Pascal) now lets see how nvidia manage the delivery.. said 1-3 days..

10. Probably %10 for the benchmark but a 6700k would too unless you push it to 4.7Ghz. You game at 4k right? No bottleneck with that.

11. Lol good thing I came back to read this Amazon prime now offers 6700k and mobos was about to pull the trigger. Guess I should wait for the next Intel.

12. Apparently this modder discovered that some of the code he wrote for a Mass Effect mod ended up line for line in Nivida's Ansel drivers. Nvidia already apologized and said they would remove it.

13. EVGA is having some issues with their 1070 and 1080 cards. So far only the FTW version is reported to have the issue but it sounds like the problem might be with the ACX 3.0 cooler not making contact with the voltage regulator modules. So it's possible other cards might be affected. Toms hardware has show that too much heat can cause black screens or kill the card completely. EVGA is offering a thermal pad to affected customers such as myself but they expect us to install the pad ourselves.

https://www.techpowerup.com/227133/...g-issues-company-says-thermal-pads-a-solution

14. It's looking like all EVGA cards are affected except the classified. EVGA has agreed to replace the cards if a customer wants but that would mean you'd be without a card for several weeks.

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-1080-1070-evga-cards-dying/

15. #98 bfun, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    This guy actually records his 1080 catching fire.

16. I've been quiet here for a while but I wanted to throw an update to the EVGA scandal. As mentioned back in June of this thread, I got the EVGA geforce 1080 sc. I read up on the thermal pad install process and said ain't nobody got time fo dat. So I just sent them a ticket that my ass is lazy and they need to take care of me like melania trump. They told me that they love me and gave me advanced rma for free.

advanced rma is a paid service normally through evga where they ship you your new card first, then you ship your old card back with their paid postage once you receive it.

Although this issue should have never happened, evga is still one of the best customer service companies around. The only inconvenience for me right now is opening up my pc to remove the old and install the new card... which i had to do anyways to install this fancy pants powerlink i got from them for fancy pants cable management.

17. That's nice. Maybe I'll open a ticket and see if they offer that to me as well.