Pokemon: Black and White

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Phisix, Feb 27, 2011.

1. I ignored the fact that I have the flu and went and grabbed my copy. Just finished the first gym. I haven't decided how I feel about the changes, though I'm leaning positive overall. The graphical style and animations are becoming very obnoxious because they are not fluid at all, they are like GIFs from 90s websites.

Things I like:
    - The new Pokemon are much better than additions in previous generations, its fun not knowing what I'll be catching next.
    - I LOVE that TMs are reusable now!!! As soon as I can trade up from older games, I'll be moving all my TMs up with my Pokemon.
    - The PokeCenter healing is all business, less chit chat, HUGE win.
    - What I've seen of the Team Plasma storyline is such a great twist, rather than rehashing another Team Rocket clone, we now face the exact opposite: a PETA for Pokemon.

I started with an Oshawott, I wanted to be different this time as I've NEVER started with the water starter ever.

2. I think everything in this game is better than the others, except the Pokemon themselves though. These are the worst generation so far, although there are some real good ones in the bunch. The music is great in this game and the best yet, although some of the older games do have their memorable themes. I really like the Team Plasma theme, its got some nice bass.

I Have always chosen the starter fire Pokemon so I chose the Tepig one for this game. However, the first Pokemon I always chose Bulbasaur.

I took down the 3rd Gym and its leader with ease. I used it to level up some of my other unused Pokemon in my main team which was needed.

3. I'm currently on Twizzler mountain or whatever it's called, looks a bit like a quarry. Got my 6th badge and have been trying to catch every unique pokemon i see.

4. Damn, you are gaining away from me now. I have only just finished the 4th gym getting the electric badge.

What does your team consist of at the moment? I managed to get that Ghost Pokemon from those ruins in that desert, it evolves into that sarcophagus Pokemon! :D

5. My team's a bit of a mishmash really, just Stuck with emboar, pansage, blitzle, basculin, roggenrola and tranquill. The last three don't really get used though, basculin is turning out to be pretty good at the moment, 7th badge down and chasing after team plasma again.

6. You do know Roggenrola evolves into a powerhouse Pokemon? You should definitely get him up. I am sad I missed out on Drillbur as I want his evolved form.

So, after all of this time not playing Pokemon, how are you enjoying the 5th generation?

7. You can get drilbur in almost every cave, he shows up in the dust piles occasionally. I'm catching the second of the three legendary pokemon in the game, as told by an old bald man. He's being a bitch.

Things have improved in this instalment. But this is what the sequels to red and blue should have been like. It's taken them way too long to fix things.

8. No legendary Pokemon for me yet. I still cannot find a code for Victini, ah well one day I will. I still have a long ways to go. I realised that I did not save after doing the 4th gym leader, but it won't take that long. Bah.

All of these potable Pokemon games are nice, but I think it is time for the first real Pokemon game on home consoles. The two Gamecube games were close, but they are nothing like the portable games. This game would be epic if it ever happened though.

9. Victini is wifi only, as far as I'm aware.

10. Nah, there are Action Replay codes for my emulator. Seeing as no DS emulators can emulate Wifi yet this is our only way to get Pokemon we can not trade. Bit shit really, unless I just wait until Pokemon grey and get a 3DS.

11. I'm at the elite four now, but my pokemon are horribly underleveled. Time for some grinding...

12. Wow, you must have been playing a lot. I am just before the 6th gym after doing that Ghost tower which was pointless.

Most of my team is evolved to their max evolve apart from Gurdurr.

13. I've gotten all three legendary pokemon but have only added the grass type, Verizion to my team. They're all about level 45 at the moment.

Wild pokemon do not give great XP...

14. No they don't but if you equip the Pokemon you want to level up with the double Exp item it will help. All three legendary? There is more than that lol.