Post Pics of Your Gaming Setup

Discussion in 'Technology' started by cmdrmonkey, Dec 6, 2011.

1. We had one of these at the old PVC so I thought I'd start one here. Post pics or your PC and/or console gaming setups.

PC

[​IMG]

PS3

[​IMG]

2. I did some cleaning inside my case.

[​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

It was dark where the consoles are so I had to get a torch on the case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. I must be the only one without a HD TV. :/

5. I like the Gears theme on your 360. Was it a special edition or did you buy a skin for it and the controllers?

6. Have you got a PC monitor you can use? That was I did in the early days of this gen.

I'll have to post some pics of my set up soon. Rooms piled high at the moment.

7. This is a great suggestion. You can find the VGA adapter for the 360 quite cheap if you know where to look, probably around $5, and this will allow you to play in HD on a PC monitor.

8. I have a 19" monitor but it is hardly HD?

9. All PC monitors are HD by definition. This is a big part of why PC gamers have been going on and on about the superiority of PC for years. We were gaming in HD a decade before console gamers.

I'm sure that's at least 1280x1024. 720p is only 1280x720.

10. Special Edition Xbox. I wanted to get it when Gears 3 came out but didn't have the cash at the time. Thank God for tax rebates!

Also you'll like this:

7oRh8mr5sng[/media]

11. You need something like this, but get one of the generic ones that are like $5.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/High-Definition-VGA-Cable-Xbox/dp/B003VD56JS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1325629408&sr=8-2

12. I have a PS3 not an Xbox. Although I have a SD TV, it is still larger than my monitor.

13. Does the monitor have DVI? You need an HDMI to DVI adapter. That would allow you to run an HDMI cable to the monitor.

[​IMG]

14. [​IMG]

It looks like this on mine, but the single line on the right is not straight but curved on both ends..

15. You'll need a separate device for sound with a monitor. I connected via DVI and my PC speakers. I guess you could do the same, maybes. I was connecting a 360 so no idea what you may need for a PS3.

16. My PC has inbuilt speakers so no clue. Maybe just saving up for a HD would be easier...although clear pictures on my monitor would be nice, especially with great looking games coming out soon.

17. You could get a cheap headphone set as an alternative; some of them give you decent sound and can be used as a mic too. My monitor set up was much better than playing on a CRT; you really appreciate the graphic details.

18. Surely there is a PS3 to monitor wire then much like the Xbox one.

19. DVI will look better than VGA.

The big issue is what would you do for sound? If you had a reciever, you could run optical or composite out to it.

20. There's an HDMI to DVI connector on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000NWQULS

Might be a solution. Though obviously you'd have the sound issue to resolve.