Rest In Peace-PS3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Grim, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Make sure you let them know that you are acquainted with monsly. They known him well. Dropping his name could expedite the process. They've always provided him with swift customer service.

2. With me on board, he'd get it in time for the Olympics. Not sure which one though.

3. I don't expect much to happen this side of Christmas at the current rate.

I emailed M$ Monday morning and got a reply Wednesday late afternoon. Replied straight away and got another reply at 8:30 PM on the Thursday. Replied this morning so its anyone's guess as to when they bother to actually call.

4. Got a reply from M$ and they are escalating the case to someone higher up and are putting me forward for a free repair under the circumstances (4 dead 360's in 6 years). It could take up to 3 weeks for them to get a yes or no but he said it is usually very quick.

Will wait and see but at the moment I rate my chances at 50/50.

He asked me how would I like the dispatch labels sent (post or email) so that is a good sign I suppose.

On a side note I have accepted my parents offer of a new PS3 for Christmas. Just need to wait 40 odd days to get it now.

5. Cue disappointment when you open the box to find a 3DS. "But we thought that's the one you wanted?"

6. 320GB slim with resistance 3 and a blu ray £200 today only on play.com. Going for that me thinks. Won't get a 320 + game much cheaper than that anywhere.

7. Almost had a disaster, didn't tell my dad that my mum was getting me a ps3 and he almost picked one up but decided to call me to check I wanted it.

Would have had 2, he picked me up uncharted and skyrim so at least I have those.

Still waiting on Xbox answer.

8. Skyrim is actually too awesome. It's all I've played since I got it and I can't see myself stopping anytime soon. Even the excellent Gears 3 has been shelved.

9. Over 30 and still getting big presents off mummy and daddy. I like your style. ;)

10. Getting a free repair from M$! Sometimes complaining does work.

Got a voice message this morning from the guy I was dealing with. Called back and got someone in a different call centre who didn't even bother looking at the last 4 weeks of correspondence and just approved it on the spot seeing as I have had 4 go and paid for 2, wish I had got him in the first place!

11. Its being picked up Thursday, they wanted to get it today but I don't even have a box yet that I can put it in. Also I am getting 1 free month of XBOX Live, joy?

Anyone want to put bets on when I will get one* back? My guess is late January.

*I say one as I don't expect it will be the one I am sending away.

12. If you're really lucky maybe you'll get one of the slim/valhalla units. I wouldn't get my hopes up though. I bet they just send you a refurb.

13. You'll probably get one of the 10 that monsly sent back.

14. Apparently according to the XBOX repair site my console is in the process of being repaired as we speak. I assume that is what it means as it has gone past the 'console received' stage which I would assume it would continue to say if it was sitting on a shelf.

15. Had an email this morning that says 'an XBOX 360 console has been shipped to you'. It still has the same console serial number on the email but what are the chances of it actually being my one when it comes back?

16. On the outside, maybe. Look for duct tape.

17. By the time it comes back it will probably be next week and so Christmas will arrive it will go back to being never used as the PS3 will be my console of choice again.

I had started Tales of Vesperia again but there is no point trying to play that next week as that is a huge game and I won't finish it in a week.

18. A friend of mine was given 360 for Christmas by his parents back in 2007 and it red ringed out of the box, gutted.

19. Just check it works then put it back in the box. Then keep it in a temperature controlled, dust free environment.

20. Just bought Blue Dragon, think I'll tackle that soon as I'm done with Suikkoden 3, 160 friggen hours and countin (I took off for a few weeks though...)