Seekdroid free on Amazon Appstore until June 20th

Discussion in 'Technology' started by khaid, Jun 19, 2011.

1. It's only 99 cents anyhow if you miss the sale. This app will save you some possible headaches if you ever lose your phone and don't think you could ever recover it.

Product Features
    Locate your Android device anywhere
    Remotely enable GPS and display location on the map
    Lock your device with a custom code
    Retrieve recent calls
    Run without a SIM card

It also allows you to remotely wipe your phone and wipe your SD card if needed.

http://amzn.com/B004R1LNGS

2. Will this work on my PS3?

3. Khaid, do you work for google?

4. Bahaha, no I don't. Just very interested in their direction of android and other services.

Actually, to be more general, I'm a fan of mobile devices in general. I just happen to post alot of android related stuff because I'm currently using one.. and it's one of the most popular platforms right now. I had a webos device before this, but I never posted anything related to it, because, well, it really wasn't popular at all even though it was developer friendly. I'd post more Windows Phone 7 stuff, but I don't many people care about that either. I may post some Mango related news when it comes closer to release.

5. Android is getting a lot of cool stuff. I'll definitely be picking this up tomorrow.

6. Dude. You need an Android deal thread. I'm in for ANY free shit I can get. Hope I haven't missed anything.

+1 REPPED!

7. cmdr it's actually free UNTIL June 20th. So you can go grab it now for free.

8. I need to learn how to read. Just got it.

9. More alternatives, Cerberus seems to be the most powerful ($$$) if you decide to go the extreme route. It seems to be good spy material too. Throw your phone under a couch or something in a room that you want to eavesdrop on and start recording.

I think one of the most glaring issues with how Google and Amazon handles purchases is that you don't need to enter your password when you purchase something. You can't even "sign out" of either market apps. This is one thing I miss from iOS. If someone steals your phone, they have full reign and can constantly download apps from both markets with your cc tied to them. At least with the Amazon appstore, you can disassociate your device from the web. But they can still go nuts on the android market.

Android Lost: Free
    * read SMS inbox and sent
    * wipe phone
    * lock phone
    * erase SD card
    * locate by GPS or network
    * start alarm
    * send SMS from web page
    * message popup
    * forward calls
    * remote install
    * phone status: battery, imei, etc
    * remote SMS alarm
    * remote SMS lock and unlock
    * start stop GPS
    * start stop WIFI
    * hide from launcher
    * email when SIM is changed
    * get call list

Cerberus: Free one week trial, 2.99€ lifetime license. If you have multiple devices you can use all of them (up to 5) with the same account.

It has three ways to protect your device:
    - Remote control through the website
    www.cerberusapp.com
    - Remote control via text messages
    - SIM Checker (for devices that have a SIM card): you will automatically receive alerts if someone uses your phone with an unauthorized SIM card

Remote control allows you to perform many operations on your device, like:
    - Locate and track it
    - Start a loud alarm, even if the device is set to silent mode
    - Wipe the internal memory and the SD card
    - Hide Cerberus from the app drawer
    - Lock the device with a code
    - Record audio from the microphone
    - Get a list of last calls sent and received
    - Get information about network and operator the device is connected to
    - And much more!

Cerberus automatically enables GPS if it is off when you try to localize your device (only on Android < 2.3.3) and you can protect it from unauthorized uninstalling - more info in the app configuration.

The app works even if the device does not have an internet connection thanks to remote control by sms messages. Also, the SIM Checker feature allows you to know the new number to send texts to, if the SIM card is changed. Texts received and sent for Cerberus remote control will not start any notification and will not appear in the Messages application.

Cerberus does not drain the battery because there is no background service running: it will activate only if there is a remote control request and will stop afterwards.
    More features for rooted devices: complete uninstall protection (a thief will be able to delete Cerberus only by flashing another ROM), GPS auto-enabling even on Android > 2.3.3.

Plan B: Free - For when you have already lost your phone; will assist you in locating it, but will not help you lockdown your device

Follow these easy steps to use Plan B:

1. Install Plan B to the phone that you are trying to find from the Android Market website: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.lookout.labs.planb.
    2. Plan B will start automatically and send your phone’s location to your Gmail address.
    3. To locate again after 10 minutes, borrow a friend’s phone and text the word “locate” to your lost phone.

Using Plan B is simple, but requires access to the Android Market website and your Google account. (If you have an Android phone, you already have a Google account.)

10. Resurrected as the free app of the day on amazon appstore.