silly n00b with emachines celeron from walmart thinks PC gaming sucks

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Alpolio, Jan 31, 2011.

1. And that is Window's fault how?

2. I don't even know what you're trying to say here. The download failure = your internet suckage.

3. So Kodak's software is not to blame, since OSX can run bad software/drivers and make them work with no problems?

4. I noticed most printers don't need driver installation in Windows 7 anymore either as win7 will do it all for you now. I guess it depends more on the manufacturer though.

5. Windows 7 does a pretty decent job of driver installation. Installing Windows 7 is also a piece of cake and can be done in as little as 30 mins with about 6 clicks.

6. Windows 7 installs all drivers automaticly, and install can take 12 mins with an SSD.

7. I'm willing to guess any install can be done in 12 minutes on an SSD

8. Guys, at least OSX's screen of death is a pretty trasparent grey with multiple languages.

[​IMG]

Almost makes you want to get a hard lock.

9. Well, I got off the phone with tech support. They said that my Kodak ESP 9 installation disk is for Vista & XP only. And they currently have a server problem that is preventing their online installer from working. So they're going to send me a Win7 installer disk in the mail. It'll probably be here next Monday.

So there you have it. Windoze issues out the wazoo. :eek:

10. :|

Nothing to do with Kodak, huh?

Mac users always blame Windows when apps on PC have a problem. They the blame the app developer when an app has a problem on Mac. No double standards there at all, nosiree.

11. Wait, what? Your "Windoze issues" are outdated drivers by Kodak? Not Windows' problem.

12. Yeah, they're outdated. I bought the printer new, last year. The installer worked at first, but one service pack later, it quit working. Hense, Windoze issue.

But I can wait for a bit. My iMac's copy never did die. Probably because their updates actually fix problems, not cause them.

13. i can say the same for my sister's macbook. i gave my 2nd gen ipod touch and she needed to update itunes to be able to sync with it. except, the update feature wouldn't work. so i had her goto the apple site to get the newest itunes. oh, wait, it doesn't work with her macos version.. :rolleyes:

so now, i had to go to google to find an answer and had to dig way deep to find the latest specific itunes that work work with her os. pretty damn inconvenient considering this was all apple related stuff and no other manufacturers were involved.

anyhow, i'd say that's still kodak's issue 10x over. considering they were probably only one of the few manufacturers effected by this "service pack issue" and on top of that, their own servers are down so you can't update your own driver.

14. Don't you have to pay full retail for an OSX update?

15. You say that like it's a bad thing.

16. Kodak sucks. You should have gone with an Epson or HP printer. You can't blame Microsoft because Kodak doesn't know how to put out proper drivers.

17. Yeah, I had some driver issues in Vista with my HP printer,but Windows 7 works with no issues. Networked as well.