Sitcoms are for Fags

Discussion in 'monkeyCage' started by khaid, Oct 2, 2012.

1. I'm not sure why you keep bringing up Big Brother and X-Factor. I never said I hated those shows and as a matter of fact, I actually have no opinion on them. I don't watch either one if you're proving a point

My point was that although you didn't understand something or didn't like something, doesn't make it less of a deal than it actually was. Seinfeld is going to go down as one of the best comedy sitcoms in TV history here in the US.

2. Kudos for the random and anachronistic inclusion of Mork and Mindy though...

3. Mork and Mindy fulfilled all my egg based space alien wishes

4. I was all about Mad about you in the 90's... even Designing Women and Golden Girls... my stay at home mom ruled the tv :(

5. All those shows are the same. Weird quirky people doing goofy things and idiotic misunderstandings. No sitcom is less generic than another.

Also. I thought Urkel and Full House ruled the 90's?

6. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is the only sitcom I've ever really liked or gone out of my way to watch.

Seinfeld had a few good episodes, but overall I found the show pretty obnoxious. I can only take so much whining from neurotic New Yorkers.

The vast majority of sitcoms are flat out terrible. And as much as people complain about reality shows, I can't say that they're significantly worse than the absolutely horrid sitcoms that dominated the 1980s and 1990s.

7. heheh I guess... I never equated reality tv to sitcoms but it's true! oh if only I lived in India and could experience Alf again for the first time! <3 lol

8. Yeah, my point exactly. All terrible shows. Especially Full House.

9. My theory on this is that TV executives basically found a way to do sitcoms and nighttime soaps without having to actually pay the actors anything, because they're using average Joe Schmoes. If you look at what people like Jerry Seinfeld and Kelsey Grammer were being paid per episode at the height of the sitcom craze, this makes a lot of sense.

10. jodi sweetin got boobs.

11. She also apparently was a meth addict.

12. I thought That 70’s Show was pretty unique. Monk is alright but it’s a cross between sitcom and crime drama.

13. Monk was alright, but it also seems to have established a formula that USA Network uses to pump out lame "quirky" shows that seem like they're trying too hard, Royal Pains and White Collar being two good examples.

14. 30 Rock. Now that is a good show. I think in the end it will rank up there with Seinfeld.

15. I think 30 Rock IS Seinfeld.

16. Re: Re: Sitcoms are for Fags

indeed. she got through it ok cuz she sure as hell doesn't look like lilo right now.

17. Becky was and still is the hottest person from that show.

18. I always say it but the US Office is one of my all-time favourites. Takes a while to get going and has its ups and downs but it's so good when it works.

19. Are you able to give that opinion in the UK without death threats? Seems like an act of treason.