Site Rebranding & Initial Setup

Discussion in 'Pipeline' started by supersonic, Sep 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So, this is something that occurred to me some time ago. But there was never any reason to put in the effort. The mishap this week seemed like a good opportunity to get away from being a PCvsConsole forum and just become a general forum (PVCF).

What do you guys think?

I still have more free domains from DH, so we play around with the name or go back to pcvsconsoles. We can discuss here instead of that Emergency Chat thread or Steam.

2. Re: Site Rebranding & Setup

That would be fine. Most games are multiplatform these days. Everyone seems to be either on Steam or PSN. Don't really think any members are even into Xbox or Nintendo these days. I think the PC vs consoles aspect of the site died a long time ago, and it has become more of a general gaming and tech forum.

Also, you may want to have forum.pcvsconsoles.com redirect here. It's still going to the suspended site.

3. Re: Site Rebranding & Setup

Once Tapatalk is installed is there a way to get the old Tapatall information to redirect here? Just worried that one or two may never try the URL on a browser and assume we are gone for good?

4. Re: Site Rebranding & Setup

Good question. I hadn't even thought of that... but it's probably why we haven't heard from Khaid at all.

5. Re: Site Rebranding & Setup

We should get with the times and rebrand ourselves Android vs alterego or something.

Maybe we should just rename it The Forum. That's what we ask refer to it as.

You know, I'm really tempted to steal monsly's username.

6. Re: Site Rebranding & Setup

I think he's taking about me...

How soon can we get Tapatalk up?

7. Re: Site Rebranding & Setup

I'm feeling lazy. I vote for Supersonic for new chairman of PVC.

8. Re: Site Rebranding & Setup

I will send Arma a message on PSN so he knows to look for us. Did AKS go to the emergency site or does he need a poke too?

9. Re: Site Rebranding & Setup

Dunno, might need a poke. Has monsly been on yet?

10. Re: Site Rebranding & Setup

Ha! I was gonna make bfun an admin. Now he can't be trusted!

11. Re: Site Rebranding & Setup

Dude the penis pill spambots are already hitting us. Might want to implement some protection.

12. Re: Site Rebranding & Setup

Here.
    [​IMG]

13. Re: Site Rebranding & Setup

Like what? I made a 10 post verification requirement.

14. Re: Site Rebranding & Setup

That should do it.

15. Re: Site Rebranding & Setup

I'm alive again.

16. Re: Site Rebranding & Setup

You died?

17. Re: Site Rebranding & Setup

A little.

18. Re: Site Rebranding & Setup

So. In the event we actually get the old PVCF database would we be able to use it?

19. Re: Site Rebranding & Setup

So did someone steal your name then?

20. Re: Site Rebranding & Setup

The old forum was also MySQL/SMF, so it *should* merge together. No idea how easy that is to pull off...

*I take it I should just delete anyone registering from Asian region? Dreamhost comes with this CloudFlare service that is supposed to take care of this shit, but the DNS hasn't propagated and updated to CloudFlare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.