Slickdeals

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by bfun, Oct 2, 2014.

1. I’m holding out for a game console with a rotisserie

2. Man, you guys remember laughing at the PS3 for looking like a George Foreman Grill? We really have come full circle.

3. My wife said it’s the KFC PROtisserie model. Due out in 2024.

4. Night in the Woods is supposed to be really good. I made sure to get that today.

5. There are a ton of 4K Blu-rays for $9.99 or less on Best Buy right now, but beware of trying to check out during high traffic times. I had to refresh several times and then I had to come back to the shopping cart a few hours later to get the damn thing to go through. I got Ed Astra, The Green Knight, Nobody, and The Martian (Extended Edition) for $42, which was around +$70 off the originally listed prices.

6. Days Gone PC has been hovering around $10 to $12 lately on CDkeys. I picked it up.

I also grabbed A Plague Tale: Requiem for about $33. It is an incredibly beautiful but also incredibly demanding game. You need pretty strong graphics card and utilize an upscaling technology (which means installing an FSR mod for AMD; went from 45 fps to 70 to 82 outside and up to +100 fps inside).

7. I'll probably get A Plague Tale after I upgrade my video card. I'm hoping that will happen in early 2023.

8. Plague Tale: Requiem went pretty high end. A new higher high end card (probably 3080/ 6900XT and up if you're really pushing a high resolution at a good frame rate) using an upscaling technology can handle it fine, but I think it would kill older or lower end cards. It has been interesting to see some of the smaller developers try to push the limits with graphics like Team Asobo and Ninja Theory (although perhaps not anymore with Microsoft money behind it). It's also rather unfortunate timing for games like Arkham Knights, which doesn't seem to even match the older Batman games visually. You can just look at Plague Tale: Requiem and see why it's very demanding.

9. Just noticed A Plague Tale: Innocence is free until tomorrow morning on Epic game launcher.

10. I guess Best Buy started pulling DVDs and Blu-rays off their shelves today. The only physical media they sell now is games. Oh and Netflix stopped mailing DVDs last October. My Mom was still using that. There was some value to it as they rented all the latest movie releases which didn't make it streaming services.

11. I usually buy physical discs from Amazon, but this could be a negative influence on their pricing. Less competition is not good for the consumer.

12. I missed that (vacationing in a different time zone), but apparently I already had it from a previous free giveaway.

The Guardians of the Galaxy is up now. I'm not a fan of that IP personally, particularly the raccoon and tree boy, but I played some of this game on PS5 and can't deny it's a pretty decent game that was visually impressive.

13. Oh yeah it's a pretty good game with the Mass Effect type combat system and a lot of humor. It felt like the ending was rushed and not that great, which is also like Mass Effect.