Steam Summer Sale 2012

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by khaid, Jul 7, 2012.

1. So jesus christ valve is taking their sweet time this year. Finally ran across a post giving a preview.. it mostly covers the indie titles, but it shows some upcoming collections that may be of interest.

I'm really only anticipating Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion discount.. glad to see stardock collection is in there.

2. pretty sure it's the same time as last year.

3. The problem with that is that it has always started near the end of June. Right now would be the end of their summer sale under normal circumstances. Hell, Amazon and greenman gaming have already started their summer sales.

4. it must have been their winter sale than... that didn't start till like January 5th. Anyway it's all good, just the more time I get to hang on to my pocketbook lol.

5. their holiday sale usually starts mid December and the ends early January. i think you're getting early altzheimers mang.

6. Not seeing too much I like.

Maybe

Tropico
    Total War: Shogun 2 Pack
    Brink
    Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Pack
    Dead Island Complete
    Railworks 3

7. The only thing I'm really looking to buy is Max Payne 3, but that won't be cheap until the holiday sale.

8. max payne 3 is $40 on amazons summer sale and is steam activated.

http://amzn.com/B008FPV88U

It was originally $30 when their summer sale started though

9. meh if it isn't 5 bucks in the bargain bin it's too much for me (or included with some h/w, I'm a big sucker for bundles)

10. I personally think 50% off of a title that's less than 2 months old is quite impressive. $5 will only get you indie titles and old ass games unfortunately.

11. Max Payne 3 was a bit of a sales dud, so that probably factors in to the quick dip to 50%.

12. That's what I've heard. Hold off until the holiday sale and I guarantee it will be $12 or maybe even less. Rockstar is pretty big on steam sales even when their games do well.

13. My videocard can only handle old ass games :/ lol It would probly throw up on Max Payne 3, I'd be lucky to get my gtx260 to play Deuse Ex at 1080 smoothly.

14. Not really. I was playing it on my radeon 4870 just fine and it performs close to the gtx260.

15. I can run it maxed on my gtx 460. I want to buy it but I don't think it's worth $60.

16. Might & Magic Heroes VI looks tempting.

17. does Trine 2 have joystick support? Only reason I hated Trine was cuz it was only mouse and keyboard. Otherwise hack and slash yes please!!

18. Is Max Payne 3 worth $30? Anyone played it?

19. Yes its an amazing game, and you'll get a good amount of gameplay out of it