The Amazing Spider-Man

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by bfun, Feb 15, 2011.

1. The next Spider-Man movie has a name and should be a good reboot to the series. Andrew Garfield will play Peter Parker.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/02/14/2066588/spidey-film-gets-a-title-the-amazing.html

2. Seems to be a lot of rebooting going on nowadays. I'm getting a bit tired of it. Mind you, saw Spiderman 3 the other day and that wasn't anything special at all. I much prefered Venom in fact; he seemed to get things done.

3. Spidey's suit seems a bit too... rubbery...

Looks like he's got mechanical web shooters this time as well. where does he keep his refills?
    [​IMG]

4. ya, rebooting is kinda lame especially since the movies aren't that old to begin with.. but the reboots are generally more preferred since they throw a darker more serious spin on it.

5. Indeed. Toby Maguire was awful as Peter Parker. Especially in Spiderman 3. The new character does not seem that great also, but as I don't know of him I will give him a try.

6. I thought Toby Maguire was perfect as Spiderman. Peter Parker is a dork, plain and simple.

Spiderman 3 was pretty lame, could have done with more Venom and no sandman. It's funny to see even Peter parker's emo phase was pretty dorky.

7. I think he was perfect for the first one and good for the second but horrible in the third.

8. The 3rd one was a plain fucking bad movie. It had nothing to do with Toby Maguire. I can't bother to scroll up, but whoever said they should have dropped Sandman for more Venom was right on the money.

I wanted to see some MAXIMUM CARNAGE.

9. Toby Maguire and Kirsten Dunst were plain bad in the third. Thats why they aint comin back.

10. They signed a three film contract. They made three films. Simples.

The third film flopped mainly because the studios interfered too much. They should have let Sam Raimi do what he wanted.

11. There was going to be a 4th but they axed it.

12. Which is all the more puzzling because Raimi was doing good things with spiderman until the third film. Left to his own devices, the third film probably wouldn't have been a turd and a fourth would have been made.

13. Rebooting a franchise that's less than ten years old is pretty gay.

14. [​IMG]

15. I swear not, that is how my Brother dances in nightclubs.

16. The Lizard has been announced as a villian in the new Spiderman reboot.

Rhys Ifans eh. I wonder if he will be playing just the Lizard himself or the scientist himself. he is too much of a crazy character to play the Scientist version I think.

17. Well, I'm kind of surprised at this. Some of the stuff I'd seen in terms of stills and that piss poor teaser they released kind of filled me with dread at the thought of a new Spider-Man movie but this actually looks pretty decent if I'm honest. Maybe a full reboot is what this franchise needed after Spider-Man 3 pretty much killed off Raimi's movies...anyway, the full trailer for your pleasure.

http://youtu.be/YUVP2ZUZxdQ

18. Saw this this morning and it look decent. Spiderman dodging bullets. 8)

19. The action looks good. The new guy doesn't fit as well as toby, in my opinion.

This new guy looks half emo and half hipster. Doesn't come off as shy geek.

20. Mechanical web shooters, gay.
    We'll have to watch Peter Parker have a hard time at school... again, gay.
    Too many reboots these days, gay.
    Did I mention the mechanical web shooters? Gay.

I'm still going to see this film because it's Spiderman, though I'm not expecting much I think that works in it's favour. I don't think I can take Rhys Ifans seriously enough for him to be a decent bad guy but we'll see.