The Emulation Talk Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by HellRipper, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Anyone here using this PS2 emulator?
    Am using it for years now, most games i have work perfectly, either the disc version or ISO.
    It gives me PS2 games with more FPS, higher resolution (2560x1600), faster load times, and the ability to play FPS's with kb/mouse.

They are still working on a new version.

http://pcsx2.net/

2. PCSX2 PS2 Emulator

No, but unless Sony release a PS2 shop for the PS3 I will have to get it. There are some old classics that I would love to play again, and new ones such as Grandia 3.

What system requirements do you need to run this emulator without problems?

3. PCSX2 PS2 Emulator

You can get Grandia 3 for the PC. I've got a spare copy in fact. Perhaps I should do a competition to win it.

4. PCSX2 PS2 Emulator

I gave up trying to get a ps2 emulator to work a couple of months back. Waste of my time, no matter what settings the things' on the games run like absolute shit. Now worth the hassle I went though to get that game I'd always wanted to play but never had the chance.

5. PCSX2 PS2 Emulator

Says mister;

Bomberman Ultra
    Crash Commando
    Critter Crunch
    Gravity Crash
    Gunstar Heroes
    Luminez Supernova
    Peggle

I really could go on but I can only stand so many bad games. 1989 called, they want their taste in games back.

6. PCSX2 PS2 Emulator

Call of Duty: Black Ops.

'Nuff said.

7. PCSX2 PS2 Emulator

Lol. I was just playing MW2 again for the first time in ages and although I still must say it's the best shooter going I've given up on it as I'm too used to BO now to be any good a MW2 and doing bad on Call of Duty gives me rage, which I'm trying to cut down on.

8. PCSX2 PS2 Emulator

Are you knocking these games? You should be stabbed in the neck for such horrific opinions.

9. PCSX2 PS2 Emulator

An fast dual core will do the job, when you config the emulator rightly.
    If you choose to run it on native resolution and pull out all the hacks, it runs on allmost anything.

Theres no need for the PS2 shop to buy those old games. With the emulator you can run them in full HD or beyond, with FPS's above 60, faster loading and the ability to take screens etc.

10. PCSX2 PS2 Emulator

I'd prefer to have a ps2 shop, but that's because the ps2 emus don't work for me. its a joke they let you play ps1 games but not ps2 games, what were they thinking?

11. PCSX2 PS2 Emulator

Aha, but if you have it working its better then PS2 shop + its for free (atleast if you own PS2 games).
    PSX games should work on their previous emulator, worked allways without a hassle aswel.

Btw, the current PS3's let you play PSX games?

12. PCSX2 PS2 Emulator

@armadeadn: You should have bought a proper PS3, you serf.

13. PCSX2 PS2 Emulator

It's because PS1 games a lot easier to emulate than PS2 games.

PS1 can be done completely in software almost flawlessly. PS2 games, even with the fully chipped up models, was pretty buggy.

Any PS3 can play PSX games, yes.

14. PCSX2 PS2 Emulator

@chi: I've not encountered many bugs myself and I've tried a lot. The original Pro Evo wouldn't load and there was some clipping in an obscure driving game. Maybe I've been lucky. Would hate to lose my BC PS3.

15. PCSX2 PS2 Emulator

Meaning? My 320gb slim should count as a proper ps3. It's just Sony's way of making us have to fork out more monies if we want to relive ps2 games. Don't tell me they couldn't have incorporated a ps2 emu into the ps3 because they did it with the 20gb and 60gb NTSC versions but deemed it "too expensive" to implement further, which is funny because too expensive sums up pretty much everything Sony make.

16. PCSX2 PS2 Emulator

Grim had that Soul Reaver pillar issue and SSX ran pretty at an appalling framerate.

Soul calibur 3 was in slow motion as well.

A lot of games were fine, but some of them did have gamebreaking bugs.

It was expensive because they included the two main chips from the PS2 in the early B/C models.

Asia and the US had both chips, EU had the GS only. Considering the PS3 was reportedly costing Sony about $800 to produce in the beginning, I would say "too expensive" was a reasonable reason.

17. PCSX2 PS2 Emulator

You should have got a second job back in the day. Ken did tell you.

BC was removed to save money. It sucks but it happens. Still, your BC concerns amuse me as a proper PS3 owner. GHAHAHA!

18. PCSX2 PS2 Emulator

Sony today said that they 'learned from the PS3 prices'.
    Their next console probally wont have BC and high performance CPU's etc.

Somewhere their right though, most people out there dont care what hardware is in it, those consoles sell anyway.

http://www.1up.com/news/ngp-hardware-influenced-ps3-pricing-lessons

19. PCSX2 PS2 Emulator

Not only BC was removed, SACD support and some usb ports plus a card reader were removed aswel.

20. PCSX2 PS2 Emulator

The card reader was a little pointless, to be honest. I used mine a grand total of three times.

SACD support is a bit of an odd decision, but I don't really know anyone who uses them.