The Great US vs UK Food Debate

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by supersonic, Jan 30, 2011.

1. The fries are a soggy disappointment at the big burger chains. I'm curious what Taco Bell's experimental division can do with them.

2. Burger King fries aren't soggy. They have some kind of batter formed exoskeleton that keeps them hard.

3. Brilliant advert.

4. I'm disappointed no one has tried the Nacho Fries. I got the Nacho Fries Supreme which were covered in all the fixens. It was good. Like a much less healthy version of the regular Nacho supreme. Fries were soggy because they were covered in goop but they tasted like wild fries from Goodtimes.

5. No one has tried them because the burger people don't want us to taste them. I tried to get to Taco Bell but was run off the road by a car full of clowns.

6. I think Chick-Fil-A has started adding even more salt to their chicken. I ate two sandwiches and now I can't get enough water in me.

7. Uber eats and deliveroo are ruining my life, the amount of food I can get delivered now makes it far to easy to just tap a button. I even get McDonalds and KFC delivered on a whim now as it is just too easy to get some cheap food that will probably satisfy delivered to my door.

8. After extensive product testing and due diligence I would highly recommend the new Taco Bell standalone Nacho Fries as well as the Nacho Fries Supreme/BelleGrande. Accidentally ordered a Nacho Supreme for one of my clinical trials, that was great too. Also, I tried the Fiery Doritos Loco taco for the first time. I really did not enjoy the other 2 Doritos flavors, but this one works really well.

TL; DR
    Taco Bell:
    Nacho Fries - 7/10
    Nacho Fries Supreme/BelleGrande - 8/10
    Nacho Supreme - 8.5/10
    Fiery Doritos Loco Taco - 7/10

Certified Good Eats!

9. Taco Bell's experimental research division needs to get to work on a fast food chimichanga next.

10. Get one of those McD fried apples pies and replace the apple with pork.

[​IMG]

11. #1352 cmdrmonkey, Mar 6, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    Someone gave me a Blue Apron gift card for Christmas.

I've come to the conclusion that it's just the Omaha Steaks scam redone for trendy hipsters. It seems like it's designed to prey on people who don't cook and don't know what groceries are supposed to cost. It's the worst of both worlds: the prices are nearly on par with eating out, but you have to cook the food. And the food doesn't look that interesting. It's a lot of chicken and pasta. Stuff that's dirt cheap to just buy in bulk at the grocery store. The huge amount of shipping materials used just to ship a couple of meals is really wasteful. Probably not very good for the environment if a bunch of people are doing this.

Maybe if you live in some horrible food desert type area with no good grocery stores this would be your only option for decent meat and produce. That's not the case where I live. I have excellent grocery stores nearby, and some of them even deliver.

12. I did Sun Basket for about 6 months and here are my thoughts.

Pros
    Food was organic
    Some of the ingredients were unique and unavailable in my area

Cons
    The recipes were challenging and it always took a long time to make dinner
    The food is expensive. Even more so if you go with the vegetarian meals.
    Sometimes the food wasn't fresh.
    1/3 the meals were good, 1/3 were meh, 1/3 were not good.

I get what they are offering and I wont say it's a scam, but I also didn't like it and wont do it again.

13. [​IMG]

This is basically a Double Whopper with standard topping (pickles, onions, ketchup).
    Add: 2 slices of cheese, Mustard
    Subtract: Mayo, Lettuce, Tomato

There is just an overwhelming mustard flavor to this I didn't like. It's also pretty dry without mayo and tomatoes as lubricants. I'd rather just stick with the Double Whopper with Cheese, although that sandwich is only 1 slice of cheese.

4/10

14. Not had Burger King for years. Had a Mcdonalds the other day and the burgers still suck. Always liked the fries though.

15. Burger King does better burgers and breakfast sandwiches than McDs. They also have onion rings. Their fries suck, but I never order the fries. Given a choice between the two, I will always pick Burger King.

16. I've never had Burger King breakfast... what's a good option from them?

Mickey D's breakfast McGriddle is one of the most ingenious sandwiches of all time. Of all time.

17. I'd like to try that double quarter pound king. I like the Whopper but the gallon of mayo they put on it is kind of gross.

18. Burger King has the CROISSAN'WICH and we know that croissants beat biscuits and English muffins.

[​IMG]

• like like x 1
  19. That actually looks pretty damn good. Much better than Mcwhatever Macky D's do. Ham for breakfast is strange to me though.