The Great US vs UK Food Debate

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by supersonic, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Pickles and peanut butter is a thing I guess but hot dog and peanut butter is wrong.

2. It's not a nice combination of ingredients, and please tell me you didn't spend $13 on that thing.

3. Yes, but it came with a bag of potato chips which was like $3.50 on it's own. The sticker shock of theme park food prices wears off after a while.

4. I tried the new starlight Coca Cola. It's supposed to taste like space. I taste vanilla, cotton candy, and old books. It's not a flavor I'd want to drink on a regular basis.

5. I got toasted marshmallow out of it. It ok but I doubt id buy it again.

6. I got myself some MREs. I've only tried one, but it's not as bad as I expected. It's basically a Kraft/Hormel processed food designed to last a few years in an air tight package. The variety of items in the package make it a interesting meal that's probably delicious when when you're really hungry.

7. The newer MREs are decent. It's some of the older ones that were horrendous. The vegetable omelet was known as the "vomelet." The frankfurters were known as the "four fingers of death." The chicken a la king and the Country Captain Chicken were also pretty revolting.

Supposedly a vegetable "omelet":

[​IMG]

It is high in the running for most disgusting thing I've ever attempted to eat, and that was only due to feeling like I'm on the verge of starving after burning an incredible amount of calories in a long-distance, fast paced march with gear, a "hump." I'm afraid to know how egg and vegetables became this monstrosity. Of if egg or vegetables are actually in this at all.

8. Taco Bell's new Cheez-It tostada. I plan on trying it.

[​IMG]

9. looks kinda like aks' vegetable omelet above

10. Tried the Fruit Brute Monster cereal. It's Cherry flavored which I guess is unique and rare. Overall it wasn't great. Maybe it was better in the 70s.

[​IMG]