The State of Gaming

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Phisix, Mar 11, 2011.

1. I went to a magnet school, so everyone was a nerd. Even the football players were nerds. The captain of the football team was a huge C&C/Red Alert fanatic and we used to play online all the time.

Admitting you owned a console was shameful. Consoles were for poor people and little kids.

2. They somewhere, still are. Proof of that is cause the games are more casual and becoming more casual, just look @ CoD.

3. We used to have arguments at the lunch table about who had the best PC. I won once and for all when I bought an 800mhz Athlon with a Geforce 256 my senior year.

4. True. CoD started out as a hardcore shooter on the PC and has degenerated into tiny matches with no dedicated servers and nothing but mindless deathmatching. It's pretty much on the level Duke Nukem 3D and some of the earliest online shooters I played back in middle school or early high school.

5. Those were the times, i remember worrying about the need of MMX and 3Dnow for the game Nocturne, and thinking the Geforce 2 MX was faster then a Geforce 256. Man.

6. No, it's your opinion. Of course, opinions can be of varying worth. The level of discussion and understanding some of your posts illustrate doesn't help your cause. You come across as insecure fanboy far too much for my liking. It's odd.

7. You dont like me cause of your fanboyism regarding consoles. Nothing else.

8. I tried to PC game in the 90's, specifically Quake II via dial-up. It wasn't a great experience for me, I'm pretty sure all the other players were using lag hax.

9. "You dont like me cause of your fanboyism regarding consoles. Nothing else."

How am I fanboy? You're the idiot who refers to console kiddies and thinks they're to blame for everything you dislike today in gaming. You're the one who sees your opinion of games to be the truth. You go around in circles and make the same dumb points over and over. I also remember you endorsing trolling console threads in the old place. Your tendency to act like a weird manchild is hardly a good thing.

I'm not a fanboy of any platform. I just like games, whatever fornat they're on. It's not hard to do.

10. This reminds me of the minecraft forums. Any discussion about porting it to another platform is shot down by PC fanboys who claim it can't be done/te controls won't work etc etc. Basically it boils down to people throwing a hussy fit at the thought of having to share. They want to keep it for themselves and will toss up any number of excuses as to why it shouldnt be done

11. Your a fanboy if you stand for one certain platform. Let that be the consoles for you.
    I made a statement that PC gaming is better, you defended that, that makes you a fanboy.

I also remember you trolling topics in the old place, oh and, if am a idiot, your a complete retard.

12. Besides, i believe you had a moderator role here, your not really being the good example here, im only defending the PC platform, and you start ranting about my level of discussing and starting calling me an idiot.

How you ever got your powers here is beyond me.
    I thought we had to keep things platform related, and not attack eachother personally, but mkay, you start it, so i assume its normal to continue having this kind of behaviour.

13. I thought last gen console games were uninspired. This gen has been better.

14. monsly was hit in the head by someone throwing their defective Xbox 360 out the window. He then stumbled along until he was hit in the face by someone swinging their Nintendo Wii wand around. Finally, he fell on top of a radio active PS3 and died. He rose from the dead 3 days later as a PVCF3 mod with twisted super powers. We all fear him too much to try anything so we wait...and wait.

15. There were some good, unique games last gen, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus are the ones that spring to mind. Rez was fun, and come on, a game where you have to fly around in your helicopter taking photos of a 50 ft bikini clad woman? Inspired.

16. Consoles are one platform? How does that make sense? And, if I'm so anti-PC, give some examples. I might not play on the PC as much as some other machines but I've got a big appreciation of the best games it offers. For example, Sins of a Solar Empire is one of the best games I've played this generation.

Examples of fanboyism from me would be a good start. I outlined some regarding you easily enough. I'd have no problem with you if you if you cut out the sweeping statements and trollish console comments but you just keep going around and around in circles.

17. I entered this thread when you stated PC gaming was better in the past and today as fact. No. It isn't. If this was some weird alternative universe where you made the same point but for consoles then I'd still argue the same point. I don't particularly like fanboys, especially when it enters the realms of trolling.

18. Yes PC gaming is better then console gaming, it is now and it have allways been.
    Main reasons for this is that you have higher resolutions, better graphics, higher framerates, less limited (server browsers, higher player caps etc).

Then you have the mod community which is more alive on the PC then on the consoles.
    PC gaming have allways been ahead of console gaming, but its more held back now thanks to the consoles.

And yes, your a big fat fanboy, otherwise you wouldnt be discussing with me now and defending the consoles as a gaming platform.

19. What a crappy argument.

And I'm a fanboy because I call you out on your fanboyism? Huh? That makes as little sense as your pro-PC argument.

I fear for you. FOR REAL.

20. Atleast i have arguments why pc gaming is better, your just trolling.