The Walking Dead *Possible Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Ichiban, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Weird we don't seem to have a thread for this show.

I thought the first season of this was a great bit of television; it deviated slightly from the comics but that's to be expected when you only have six episodes to work with in your opening season.

Anyway, yesterday they showed the trailer for Season 2 which

1OZ0mu8Ey6A[/media]

I have to say, looks pretty good from the brief five minutes they've shown. The make up on the Zombies is looking much better, (bigger budget?), and they're starting to give the survivors that living rough look they had in the comics too. I think this season is going to be one of the best things on television..ever.

2. The Walking Dead

I really liked the premiere, but it jumped the shark faster than almost any show I've seen. Instead of focusing on the zombie apocalypse, they turned it into a nighttime soap opera along the lines of Lost.

I don't care about who is screwing who and I don't want to hear people talk about their feelings. Get a clue AMC. I want to see people killing some motherfucking zombies with shotguns and chainsaws. I want to see the downfall of society. And I don't think I'm alone. Maybe they can pull it together in season 2, but I don't have much hope.

3. The Walking Dead

I've heard a huge amount of people say Walking Dead is a great show. Not seen it myself since I don't really watch TV. Maybe I'll buy it on DVD and watch it at work in my afternoons off, on the big screen.

4. The Walking Dead

Looking forward to this. The ending to the first season was good.

5. The Walking Dead

This was pretty much how i felt about game of thrones but that was because I had no idea what I was getting into. I was somewhat familiar with walking dead's graphic novel and watched some fanmade movie shorts of it before the series came out which focused alot on the mental state of some of the characters so it didn't bother me as much. But yeah, I'm desperately hoping for them to make more scenes like the epic tank scene and him and the asian kid running through town scene.

6. The Walking Dead

The difference with Game of Thrones is that it's on HBO, so the trashiness is actually backed up with nudity and cursing.

7. The Walking Dead

I'm going to try watching an episode of Walking Dead and of Game of Thrones. I usually hate almost everything on TV, but I'll give them a shot.

8. The Walking Dead

Keep in mind that Game of Thrones had a lousy pilot. It picks up around the third episode. From then on it's consistently great. It defies conventional storytelling. I was quite surprised by some of the twists.

I really didn't think too highly of The Walking Dead. It's Lost with zombies. And Lost was a really stupid show.

Did you ever watch Breaking Bad? If you're going to get into anything, get into that. Best show on TV right now other than Dexter. Bryan Cranston has won the Emmy for best actor every year it's been on, and the writing is fantastic.

9. The Walking Dead

Woo Hoo. Good show.

The only reason why it might be like lost is because nobody knows what has happened and I think that's probably how it would be anyway.

10. The Walking Dead

Has anyone been watching Season 2 then? It's on episode 2 now. I'm already hooked on it again. The zombie make-up this season is fantastic and episode 2 has one of the most simple, but powerful scenes ever in television.

11. The Walking Dead

I missed it, is fx stuff available on demand via sky go do you know?

12. The Walking Dead

It's been pretty good so far. I really liked the stuff at the abandoned FEMA camp and the swarm of zombies on the highway. Seems more action packed this season.

It's already been renewed for a third season because the ratings have been so good.

13. The Walking Dead

I saw the first one; thought it was decent enough but a few plot things slightly bugged me. I've now read most of the comics so the ending interested in me. I wonder how much it'll follow them.

14. The Walking Dead

Just watched the first two episodes and they were great. I wonder where that little girl disappeared to and how Shane and fat boy will escape and get back in time!?

15. The Walking Dead

Did you nearly SPOIL something for me? I shall have to check back after the 2nd episode.

16. The Walking Dead

Rule of thumb. Do not click threads about movies or tv shows.. or hell, even games, after they have been released expecting no spoilers.

17. The Walking Dead

It's a tightrope but I'm one risk loving bastard.

18. The Walking Dead

I just changed my TV package so I could watch this again. I hope they re-air the first two episodes at some point.

19. The Walking Dead

if they don't, amc still has ep 1 to stream. I hear it is commercial crazy though.

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead

20. The Walking Dead

Thanks! I'll watch it tonight.