The Witcher 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by torq314, Apr 6, 2015.

1. I read The Last Wish and I didn't find it that interesting. I might try another.

2. It is the compilation of the first few stories, dating back to late 80s. He then wrote the few more stories and later then the 5 tomes of the saga.

It is the saga that gives the epic feeling of the world, the lore, rivalry of kingdoms. The lore is expanded, there are much more characters, some of them are present in the game.

I strongly recommend you to read at least one or two first tomes of the saga. Sure, you won't necessarily become a believer but at least you will be aware taht you haven't missed something really worth of reading.

3. So basically the games are Eastern European bargain bin knockoffs of Elder Scrolls. And the books are knockoffs of Game of Thrones. I prefer original material to cheap knockoffs.

4. The first Witcher short story came 10 years before Game of Thrones and pretty much everything fantasy based is a knock off of Tolkiens writings.

5. Almost everything you say in this thread is the same "knock off", "eastern european".

Now you even mistakenly involve GoT. Since as bfun says Witcher is from mid 80s, I even wrote that in my last post, you are terribly uninformed or there is something else behind this.

6. Reminds me of when Bethesda brought in Patrick Stewart for Oblivion. They must be expecting massive profits to pay for this guy.

7. I wonder how much few sessions with such known actor cost.

8. I'd give him $100 to do my voice mail.

9. Very likely it was comfortably in the six figures...

10. Looks like Microsoft were caught out using PC footage for their Xbone trailer

11. That's okay. I'm pretty sure all the Battlefront footage I've seen is being run on this.

[​IMG]

12. What's battlefront?

13. Love is a battlefront.

14. I played battlefront 3 once, because it was free on PS plus. Wasn't really my thing.

15. world map size

16. Actual PS4 footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_dvkGwwny0

17. Conan's preview:

http://teamcoco.com/video/clueless-gamer-witcher-wild-hunt?playlist=featured-videos

I laughed my head off :)

18. That was the Xbox version?

19. It does seem so.

I still wait for first reviews. I don't need raw scores, however it is still unclear whether the game stands for its reputation and expectations. Is the world filled with quests? How long and engaging is the main plot? Is it a truly open world game or rather, the main quest controls what you can do in specific moments?