Things That Have Made You Angry Today

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Armadeadn, Jul 16, 2012.

1. And therein lies the problem. Chick Fil A isn't just expressing its hatred of gays; they're donating tens of millions of dollars to homophobic hate groups. I like their food, but it makes me not want to eat there. I don't want my money supporting that kind of thing.

2. I didn't say they where bad or good. The guy that tried to get me fired was also doing alot of drugs and lived the gay lifestyle of gay clubs partying all nite and all that. If it weren't for the straight black people that vouched for me that I am a good worker I would have been fired.

The Butch Lesbian also had issues with other co-workers at my other job but chose me to pick on. She always dressed a little scary like a gangster and very un-empathetic to other people and the clients. I was eventually fired from that job. I was glad to get out of there. She scared me.

I am just speaking from experience with them.

3. So you've had two experiences with gay people in your entire life, one being your boss, who you were probably never going to like, and one a druggie, and now you think all gay people are bad?

Do you realize how much of an assclown you sound like? You're on the same level as racists who say they met a black person once who looked at them funny, and now they hate all black people.

4. he said gay people are week, not bad. It's ok, all humans are week.

5. Yes, you have the individual right to a viewpoint about homosexuality based on your religion. But do you consider that religious opinion to be valid when it comes to the rights of United States society as a whole? Do you support gay marriage as a right that exists outside of your individual religious beliefs?

6. IMO nothing is bigger than my religion. Except for separation of Church and State, Business and Pleasure that is. This is how many religious feel and probably what your on to. I feel as if it's a fundamental thought but I guess it was learned on me over the years :/ your statement doesn't seem so outlandish now. Most of us are taught Jesus (God) first/ me second so anything I desire must be 'proofed' by the Lord's Word, the Bible.

And it is of your opinion it should not be this way? Is it just because it may cause problems and in your opinion you don't like it or is there some fact in there?

7. My opinion is that people who are religious seem to forget that the freedom to practice their religion in the United States comes out of the society as a whole being tolerant in terms of legal rights for all. For example, you don't actually need to be religious at all in order to be married. That's not a requirement. So why do so many Christians (like the owner of Chick-fil A) think that religious morals have any place in determining marriage rights for the society as a whole? If anything, Christians should support the legal idea of a citizen's freedom to marry because it's literally the same as their freedom to practice religion.

8. I just can never grasp this whole god business. How can God micromanage so many people?

9. noob. god is korean. his apm is off the chart.

http://youtu.be/YbpCLqryN-Q

10. I've had many experiences with gay people. I work as a mentor to troubled youth who often experiment with their sexuality and do drugs in the process then end up in a psyche ward where I work and find god, I see it all the time. They are often confused and give in to impulses and need alot of guidance. Also I've had the experience with co-workers like I said. I probably think the way I think becuase I'm a mentor and care-giver to the disabled maybe if I was in a different field I'd think differently. I don't expect to persuade you because I see it all the time in my work. If I sound like an assclown I don't mean to. I just wanted to share my opinion and my experiences.

11. Think about how much work he has in sports alone. Practically every player is thanking god for helping their team or is praying for victory. He has a lot to keep track of in just the sporting events. But for a being that supposedly created the universe and is omnipotent, I'm sure that's something he feels is a top priority.

12. God's keyboard has full n-key rollover.

13. My Dad's all over this Chick-fil-et appreciation day. I may be more on the conservative side but that shit just makes me sick, either, if your for or against it I just don't believe one should be celebrated just as I don't take part in persecution (unless it's by jury). A celebration of one group 'starving out' another group (financially), in the end, is just as bad as persecution.

It all just makes me sick why can't we all just get along?? Conservatives should know how to turn the other cheak, not condone the eye for an eye attitude that comes out of complacency. Not that liberals aren't just as bad at it (or worse), the whole thing sickens me. Yet it's all over my facebook :(

14. At the end of the day, there's only one side that's trying to prevent the other from being legally married. And it's happening in a country where being religious or believing in God is not a requirement for marriage.

15. I don't know what rights homosexuals have and quite frankly I don't care. But if they want a traditional church wedding I'd rather have no part of it. If they just want a wedding at a city hall with God left out of it I say go for it. If your belief is that all Christians will not recognize the bond between two like sexes than you are wrong. a few more vocal types may not even recognize it, but just notifying a 'bond' between two human beings is hardly against the Bible's teachings. I mean their good friends.... that kiss and sleep together o.0 good for them

16. If religion is not a requirement for marriage, and we supposedly live in a secular country, then why is the religious right allowed to impose its views on what constitutes a marriage?

Wouldn't that make these anti-gay marriage laws the red states are passing unconstitutional as they violate separation of church and state?

17. I don't understand the harsh reaction to chick-fil-a. The racist thing against the chinese customers was actually something bad, but this was just the CEO's opinion on gay marriage.

None of which, impacts the taste of their delicious foods. For better or worse, I don't let politics come into these types of decisions. I know people that avoid movies because of the political opinions of the film stars, but I just don't see that as a enjoyable way to lead life.

Eat the chicken sandwiches you like, and vote how you want in political elections. They can be mutually exclusive.

18. People are angry because they donate tens of millions of dollars to anti-gay hate groups. They aren't just expressing an opinion, they're putting a lot of money behind it. People don't want their money going towards hate groups. I certainly won't be eating there ever again.

If I found out a restaurant donated to the KKK or neo-Nazis, I would never eat there again. Same thing with Chick Fil-a basically. If they want my money, they can stop donating to hate groups and join the rest of us in the 21st century. I don't care how good their food tastes. It's a real turn off.

People need to have some fucking principles. This is why this country is turning into a fascist hellhole. You'd seriously continue eating delicious chicken sandwiches even though it means denying a huge group of people equal rights?

19. As long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others, I usually don't give a damn what people believe. I'd even be open to some of the things even vile groups like Westboro does (like holding their signs and protesting, but DEFINITELY NOT what they do at funerals) on the basis of free speech. But when fundamentalist religious groups try to pass laws that directly affect me or discriminate against certain groups, it's on.

I view the "protection" of marriage nonsense as a case of blatant discrimination. It's not complicated to me. You don't treat certain groups in a discriminatory fashion, and basic civil rights are not things that should depend on majority vote or popularity. Slavery was still wrong when the majority supported it. Gay couples that adopt kids shouldn't have to go through an elaborate process and pay thousands in attorney fees to get legal guardianship of their own kids if they have a child together (via adoption or artificial insemination for lesbian couples). They shouldn't be required to ask for their relatives' permission to see their committed partner in the hospital or negotiate with them over inheritance issues. These things are automatic for straight couples simply because they are heterosexual or an expensive and tedious pain in the ass simply because they are gay. There's no justification for it.

People can believe whatever they want, but they are not allowed to discriminate regardless of the reason, including reasons based upon religious principles.

20. He didn't present it as just his opinion. He presented it as Chick-fil A's corporate dogma.