To Drink!

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by supersonic, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Did someone say craft beer?

[​IMG]

2. Anyone who actually enjoys drinking Carling needs to be shot.

3. #23 cmdrmonkey, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    If you like dark beer, I would highly recommend St Bernardus Abt 12. I had some last night on draft. It's up there with Chimay and Duvel as one of my favorite beers. Typical of Belgian trappist beers, it's about twice as strong as the beer most people are used to, so you usually just drink one.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/259/1708/

[​IMG]

4. Blatant seems to be a Boston special... not sure if the brewery is still in business? Their website hasn't been updated in 3 years. Added the St Bernardus Abt 12 to cart. Yes, I buy beer online and hoard it.

5. It's a bit confusing: there was a Blatant Brewing in Massachusetts and they did produce a Blatant IPA, but the beer that I posted is actually produced by White Birch in New Hampshire.

http://mybeerbuzz.blogspot.com/2015/10/white-birch-blatant-ipa-coming-to-12oz.html

6. Finally tried Suntory, specifically Toki. It was the cheapest in the lineup. Not bad opener but a bit soft. Good enough to try Hibiki which is the next price point.

Also tried Four Roses single barrel, Elijah Craig. Things started to get blurry as I nosedived into the bottom shelf brands. Gonna stay awake all day to out maneuver the hangover. Working splendid so far.

7. Weller Special Reserve - This 7 year wheated bourbon highlights how much hype and marketing surround alcohol. Probably the best I've tried and it only costs $25 for a whole bottle. Smooth as butter.

Maker's Mark Cask Strength - 114 proof, really strong with a lot of kick and spice. Thumbs down.

Olds Maysville Club - Meh.

8. In my experience, anything that has old in the name is going to suck. It harkens back to a time when people drank shit and liked it because it was all they had and they were grateful for it.

9. The other day I was thinking it was time to cut back on my alcohol intake but then today I found out that my local Costco started selling Liquor. I have been waiting for this day. A typical XO Cognac can run about $100 to $180. This Costco brand is aged 12 to 21 years and is only $46. I just tried it and it's amazing.

[​IMG]

10. I've always been curious about alcohol free beer so I got myself a case of Heineken 0.0. It's not bad and I probably wouldn't know it was alcohol free if someone gave it to me in a glass.