What Games Are You Playing?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Phisix, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Wolfenstein II

It's okay. Not great. The action is sporadic. The story is kind of dumb.

2. Still playing DCUO (DC universe online)

3. Dead Souls remastered PS4. Never played it so wanted to see what the hype was about. Got on PS4 to free up the switch.

4. I just picked up Borderlands 3 on sale for PS4 for $20, which includes the PS5 version. It doesn't run quite as well as I would expect for the Pro, so I hope the PS5 version is much smoother.

5. Death Stranding

I'm liking it so far. It's not really quite like anything I've ever played.

6. #1586 AKS, Dec 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    There are some really impressive acting sequences at the end of the game. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the lesser known actors in particular gets a lot more auditions and work due to his big scene near the end of the game.

It's a really unique game that doesn't pressure you through a particular path. You can relax and explore like a walking simulator delivering packages, build structures you need, or even repair or improve things other players have constructed if you want to take a break from the main storyline.

7. Dark Souls, not dead souls

It feels like Skyrim arcade. I’m playing a soul arrow spamming mage but I just got aural decoy so that seems interesting.

8. Doom Eternal

It's fun, but the ammo management is kind of a drag. 12 shotgun shells? Really? I did have to google one of the jump puzzles already as I didn't realize he could jump so far through the air.

9. I’m no longer playing Dark Souls. I’m playing Aural Decoy. It spins everything I’ve faced so far in circles. Some enemies still do random dodges so I miss my soul spam.

It’s a pretty good game. I may check out the others in the series.

10. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3:

I was introduced to the Cold Steel JRPG series last year and cant believe I did not come across this series sooner and its now one of my favourite JRPG series now.

The world building spanning 10 games in this sub series of The Legend of Heroes series is some of the best I have seen in gaming and I had to watch story summaries for the prior 5 games to Cold Steel 1 just so I could get the past games history and character references shown in Cold Steel 3 and 4 before I started it .

The story is great as well even if a little anime tropy.

11. #1591 cmdrmonkey, Dec 13, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    It gets better as you upgrade and unlock stuff. The ammo capacity is upgradeable. And you have so many ways to kill enemies in this game that having huge amounts of ammo is less relevant than it was in Doom 2016.

I judged this game too harshly when I first started playing it back when it came out. The game gets a lot better as it goes. I'd probably give it an 8/10. It's not exactly Doom 2016. It's kind of its own thing with a lot more going on in terms of the gameplay. But it's still good. It also expands on the story a lot. It connects the old games from the 90s to the new games. It's also a master class on how to properly optimize a game. It looks and runs great. The CDPR guys could learn a thing or two from Id.

12. Yeah the ammo limits aren't really an issue later on in the game and the jump puzzles aren't bad once you know how the mechanics work. It's a good game. I don't think it will surpass Doom 2016 but it's still fun.

13. Elder Scrolls Online

The learning curve of an MMO can be intimidating.

14. Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity

Oh boy so much fun! I’ve never played a Warriors game before and I’ve read there are better. But whatever, I love AOC.

I’ve spent hours on BOTW. Never got the feel for it. It’s like survive till you get good at shield bashing and some hidden mechanic and I don’t got time for that. I hate arrows and BTOW demands jumping in the air, slowing time, and spamming arrows. Why the hell do I have a MASTER SWORD if you wanted to make a ROBIN HOOD GAME.

But this game is great. It’s the same map so no dungeons or puzzles. Just mow through the enemies and beat their captain. This what BOTW missed. I don’t want every fight to be a puzzle where there’s a barrel and magnet box and you can kick a bomb back and forth or something. I don’t want to duel every monster with dodges and shield bashes. I just want to be an overpowered monster whose sword doesn’t break.

This game does that. Plus you get to play as a few other characters. It’s early but Impa is a beast and a half, as she should be.

15. Hitman 2.

I dunno why I ended my gaming hiatus with this. Overall great game, I replay the same missions over and over trying different methods to murder people. I do feel that it glitches sometimes which can be annoying.

16. I've been playing a decent amount of Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC, which I acquired on Steam recently for $10. I HATED this game in it's release date form on PS4, but it's quite a bit better in its current state on PC. The online co-op mode is carried over and expanded from the ME3 co-op mode, which is a lot of fun when you can find enough players. I was ranked around 300 in the world at one point on PC for the ME3 co-op mode.

17. Aren't they remastering all the games with the Legendary edition? There are supposed to be less ass shots or something. I kind of remember the camera always focusing on Miranda’s ass when she spoke. It was a little ridiculous.

18. Right now I'm playing through The Witcher 3 once more, what a fantastic game it is.

19. I'm waiting on the remastered version to come out before I replay it. I'm hoping that happens this year.

20. I think that's the first 3 games and does not include any co-op multiplayer. I've already played most of them to 100% completion and well beyond. The co-op mode is where I'd be putting in most of my time.