What Games Have You Bought Recently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by monsly, Jan 24, 2011.

1. The minecraft team have been doing some database migration to something, a cloud or somesuch. The site has been a bit bogged down lately, but things do seem to have improved a bit lately.

I searched for bfun on the "haspaid" link and if that is the name he registered, it is registered as paid so he should be able to log in.

You only need to log in online the first time you play, then afterwards you can donut all offline.

[edit] Bwahahahaha

[​IMG]

2. He'd be wasting his time anyway, I've got that bastard backed up. Like hell I'd wanna make it again, so many mistakes that took too long to fix.

3. The visuals of the PC version blows other versions into the weeds. There's a huge difference.

4. Killzone 3! Like it more than KZ2 :)

5. I really didn't think much of Killzone 2 at all do you think it's worth me getting KZ3?

6. KZ3 seems like a good improvement on the original. The feel of the game has changed to a more COD style and that's got benefits and downsides. I liked the weighty feel in KZ2 but the responsiveness and smoothness of the new controls is no bad thing. Multiplayer could well be very good indeed but I've been megabusy recently so I've yet to have any real depth of experience of the final game; must say the beta was excellent fun. One criticism I'd have of the single player early on is the frequency of cutscenes; it's quite jarring for the early levels and I hope the pacing changes further along.

7. I'll probably pick up Killzone 3 in the next week or so, picking up pokemon today though. Black or White? It's all in the air.

8. I never knew you liked the pokemons. Explains a few things. Make sure you pick bulbssaur; he's the bestest.

9. I must admit that you never sound your age when we play online, you have quite a grown up voice for a 10 year old.

10. Hang on, didn't you know the pokemon rap a few weeks back? You're in denial I reckon.

11. No I knew of the Pokemon rap. My sister is around 8 years younger than me and Pokemon came out in the mid/late 90's so I would have heard it from various TV's in the house back in the day.

I think my brother had the yellow version on Gameboy colour at some point.

12. Check to see which one has the most pokemon you like the look of then make your choice. Did you see the advert yet? There's some pokemon you can only get if you log in before a certain date. Rarity much.

13. I haven't played a pokemon game since red/blue. This is the first update that actually seems worthwhile.

Funny to think I wasn't even born when Diamond and Sapphire were released.

I got the Black one, cos I don't want no pansy forest. Downloaded a liberty gift thing in the game, dunno what it does.

14. Wut? If you weren't born when sapphire/diamond were released you're either 8 or 4 years old. You paedo.

15. Wow, that Team Plasma sure have a persuasive argument. I too think it is wrong to trap pokemon in balls and make them fight. I'm going to stop playing right now!

16. I've been busy snaffling up some bargains/wastes of cash.

PS3:

F.E.A.R.2
    Seems like a pretty standard FPS game so far. Hopefully it livens up but, about 3 levels in, it seems very dull.

PS2:

Virtua Cop Elite Edition
    PS2 version of VC 1 and 2. Pretty good conversion but I think I need to pick up the lightguns to fully appreciate it.

London Cab Challenge
    Phoenix Games have a bit of a reputation for terrible games. To see how bad they are, just pick this up. I guarantee it will worse than you could possibly imagine.

360:

Onechanbara Bikini Samurai Squad
    Cult classic by D3. Scantily clad girls slashing up zombies. That's it.

Stuff I've bought but haven't tried properly yet:

360:
    Mass Effect (Limited Edition)

Wii:
    Disaster: Day of Crisis

PC:
    Uplink
    Anno 1503
    Rayman 3
    Star Wars Droidworks

Xbox:
    Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
    Jet Set Radio Future

PS2:
    Killer7
    Tourist Trophy
    EverGrace
    The X-Files

PS1:
    Tony Hawk's Skateboarding
    Shellshock
    Everybody's Golf 2
    Fantastic Journey

N64:
    WCW/NWO Revenge

17. Monsly, you need to admit you have a problem and stop buying games you don't play.

Are you getting pokemon?

18. They fill gaps in my collection and that's all that matters. I've got a load if the pokemon games but have never got further than the fourth gym (the first DS one, I think). Sooooo I'm not sure about getting it at full price.

19. Impressive list. Do you actually play all of these?

I've just bought second hand Demon's Souls, it should be here in few days. I wonder if it can help me to get out of the Elderscrolls ghetto I am stuck in.

20. He doesn't, he buys them to fill in the gaps of his videogame hut that he's built out of game cases. I think he lives in it so that he can absorb the videogame nostalgia.