What Games Have You Bought Recently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by monsly, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Got these recently:

Far Cry 5
    Call of Duty WW2
    Star Wars Battlefront 2
    Gravel
    TT Isle of Man
    Shadow of the Colossus PS4

So far I've completed the campaign mode in CoDWW2 and right now playing through FC5 and I've enjoyed both of them so far. There was a deal here at Best Buy for a PS4 Pro with Battlefront 2 and FarCry 5 for $450cad so I'm the happy owner of a PS4 Pro now too.

• like like x 1
  2. #762 AKS, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    Shadow of the Colossus and from what I've seen from video footage Far Cry 5 look great on the Pro. If you don't already have them, Horizon, Ratchet, and GT Sport are showcases for what the Pro can do with higher resolution and HDR. Upcoming games that looked surprisingly good on Pro are God of War, Spider-Man, and Days Gone. Guerilla Games and Insomniac seem to be particularly skilled with development for the Pro. If you like the way Shadow of the Colossus looks and runs, it uses similar techniques to what Insomniac uses with temporal AA and motion blur, although Insomniac games are going to be at 30 fps focusing on highest image quality possible. Their "temporal injection" technique that Bluepoint copied is an alternative to checkerboard rendering that tends to look very good in motion.

3. #763 AKS, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 1, 2018
    I purchased God of War, and the Detroit: Become Human demo has also persuaded me to buy it when it's available. Both games are stunning with 2160 checkerboard and HDR on Pro.

4. Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

I didn't even know it was coming out until I saw it yesterday. It's got a 90/8.3 on Metacritic.

5. Got myself a bunch more games in the past few weeks:

Skyrim VR
    Fallout 4 VR
    Pavlov (VR)
    Ultrawings (VR)
    A Mage's Tale (VR)

And today, I got Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire. Got a lot of playing ahead of me for quite a while.

6. What VR system you using?

7. I just use an Oculus Rift with the Rift Touch. I just got the Touch addon recently, like a month ago, so when Steam had that VR sale, I snagged all of those titles. I've had the Rift for like 2 years now, I was originally a backer of their Kickstarter way back, must have been like 2012-2013, so they gave me one on release for free for being a backer.

8. Since I ordered a PS4 I figured I'd better get some games while the sales are good. I got to keep everything T or E rated.

Spider-Man
    Trials Fusion
    Gravity Rush 2
    Unravel Two
    ClusterTruck
    Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
    Octodad: Dadliest Catch

9. Tales of Vesperia Definitive and Resident Evil 2 Remake paid pre-order,

10. I bought Insurgency: Sandstorm to play with a couple of friends. It's a nice multiplayer game I got for less than $30. It still needs some updates to smooth some things out, but for the most part it's a fun game with the least toxic community I've encountered in quite awhile in this type of game. Hopefully it stays that way. Weapons are very nice. The aspect that really stood out most is audio quality, among the best I think I've ever heard for a small independent developer. You'd need to look at the most elite in gaming audio like DICE or Naughty Dog to find more impressive sound, developers with substantially higher budgets and more resources than a little indie dev.

11. I recently bought Beat Saber after waiting months and months for them to even give us a release date and I'm not disappointed. Beat Saber is what VR is made for. It's basically guitar hero in VR with light sabers, and it's awesome.

12. I'd like to try that game.

I got Horizon Zero Dawn. Odds are not good that I will ever play it.

13. Beat Saber looks mad fun. VR still too expensive for me for the tiny library.

@bfun

Why not? Its a pretty decent game.

14. Lack of time. I've been playing Spider Man a little. No idea when I'd get to anything else on the PS4.

15. I have Assassins creed Odyssey and Red Dead Redemption 2 lined up for next, Resident Evil 2 and Dragon Quest Xi are also wanted but will have to wait as both of these have pretty long average play times.

16. Did you ever play Dragon Quest VIII, Grim? One of my all time favourite JRPGs so I’d be interested to hear what you make of the new one.

I can’t seem to find the time for the big games anymore; just seem to play Binding of Isaac or Friday 13th when I have some time. Oh, and Lego games. So many Lego games.

17. New one is even better than VIII. One of, if not, the best JRPG of this generation. Got the platinum for it as well it was that good. It looks so great in HD as well.

Bought Rise of the Tomb Raider again as it was £9 in a PSN sell. Already re-played the first one recently so this before playing the third for a refresh was a good idea.

18. Games on my to buy list include Horizon (I held off for a while since it's a single player game I'll wait for a price drop), God of War, I'm slowly trying to play through the originals for the first time so I can play the 2018 game as a fan. I did not particularly enjoy the first God of War and haven't yet mustered up the desire to put number 2 in. I still haven't played Spiderman. Hell, I've had Until Dawn sat on my HDD since it was a free PS+ game like 2 years ago and haven't touched it. I've also got AC Unity that I haven't played but want to before I play the newer ones. And I still have three unplayed Arkham games. I don't have a life and even I don't have enough time to play all the games.

Right now MK11 is where all my hopes and dreams lie.

19. Kingdom hearts 3. Wanted to get this day one but Resident Evil 2 Remake was out a few days before so had to get that instead. So far so good.

That new Apex Legends battle royale game is pretty fun as well. Like a mix of Titanfall, Overwatch and Blackout. Its free and looks like an AAA game.

20. I'm downloading Apex tonight. I've seen nothing but praise for it. The only negative thing I've heard people say is how it rules out Titanfall 3. I never played the Titanfall games so this doesn't bother me. Hopefully Apex is as good as they say.