What Games Have You Bought Recently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by monsly, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Its pretty good but I suck so bad at it. Two games not even one kill.

2. Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales

I like it so far. They basically made a 2D art style RPG and used the Gwent card game for all the battles.

3. Resident Evil 2

People have been raving about how good this is so I'll give it a go

• like like x 1
  4. It's GOTY for me so far and GOAT Resident Evil.

5. I got a couple of games recently through Steam.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    Machinarium
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    Vampyr
    Hob
    Far Cry Primal

And last but not least, I got Monster Hunter World on PS4 and been playing that mainly. Great game so far.

6. I found Spiderman for $40 online and bought it. I got the impression that it's going to look very nice on my OLED. It is supposed to arrive today. I'm going to get Resident Evil 2 at some point but haven't picked it up yet. I'll probably grab that one on PC.

7. #787 cmdrmonkey, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    In addition to better graphics, the PC version of RE2 has a mod that plays DMX whenever Mr X appears

8. Been a meme for so long it had to be done.

9. You'll have to let me know how Vampyr is. I wanted to get it but the reviews were mixed.

10. Spiderman is more impressive than I expected. I suppose doubting Insomniac is always a losing proposition. This is another game that seems like it should not be possible on the dated Pro hardware. Graphics and audio are both superb, and the HDR and resolution boosts are very nice. But what surprised me was how good everything else has been, even the narrative and characters. Traversing the world is also quite smooth and enjoyable. Combat is actually not a carbon copy of Batman. It shares some components of Batman's combat, but it has its own feel and so far has felt more challenging. It really has very few weaknesses. There are some repetitive fetch/ collectible stuff that's typical for the genre, but everything else has been top notch so far. It's not quite up there with God of War or Red Dead Redemption 2, but it's right after that. It's possible for non-Batman licensed superhero material to become a top tier AAA game. I'm not into the superhero craze and avoided it after getting burned by other overhyped crap, but I could see this easily being in top 5 to 10 lists for 2018.

11. Assassins Creed: Odyssey

Ubisoft has it on sale for $25 and you can get another 20% off with a coupon.

12. Bayonetta

$5 on Steam.

13. God of War - PS4: £25

This game is absolutely amazing. Such a big step up and transformation from the originals. Everything about it is great. The new combat is really good, the graphics and worlds are brilliant and the story is one of the best I have seen for a while. The RPG added upgrades ans stat additions etc adds a good dimension to it as well.

14. Bought Dreams early access. Pretty incredible but a fairly steep learning curve.

Here's a dream I had once, made in Dreams.

15. ^ NSFW. Sick attempt to normalize the disturbing lunacy in the mind of Chi.

16. Color me intrigued. I've never heard of it but now I want it.

17. Here's another clip of me getting the hang of emitters and sound effects.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

18. My copy of Days Gone arrived yesterday ($50 from newegg w/ free shipping). From what I've read it was very rough technically for the first few days, but I'm playing with about ~20 GB worth of patch data that has been released over the past few days and have not had any significant problems so far.

19. Wolfenstein II

I'll start it after I finish Odyssey.

20. Trails of Cold Steel(PS4), FF8 remastered(Switch), FF9(Switch) and Zelda: Links Awakening are what I have bought lately.