What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by cmdrmonkey, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Saw the first episode of that new series: Glory Daze yesterday. It was alright, and it seems like a American pie TV series from what I saw so far.

2. I'm about halfway through HBO's The Pacific and have a more positive impression about the quality of the characters and storyline now. Episodes 3-6 have really been excellent overall. The two segments so far focusing on the Battle of Peleliu are quite intense.

3. The Borgias

I was hoping for something similar to The Tudors, but this flat out sucked. The acting was on the level of a SyFy original movie, and the sex scenes weren't sexy.

4. Remember last year they promised it was the last big brother ever? Well they lied...

Not that anyone watches Channel 5 anyway....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12983426

5. Who even watches reality shows? I'm imagining masses of drooling zombies.

6. Some one told me 5 paid £200 million for this. I suspect that's bollocks. I also saw a list of celebs that seemed somewhat fanciful, with Charlie Sheen amongst them. Hmmmm.

7. The people that watch big brother watch channel 5...

8. What in the HELL? You're quoting grim, not me. I'm sure I use to watch something on 5 but I can't remember what.

9. Remember when 5 was simply famous for showing sexy movies at 10 every night? Maybe it was that.

10. Did they? I don't remember that at all. And I still can't remember what I use to watch on there. Must have been good.

11. I'm currently watching Outcasts. It's quite intriguing actually. It's about a colony of humans trying to make a new home on a new planet and there's mental storms and clones and shit. Plus because it's from the bbc it's full of British actors. The strange thing is it's full of English/Scottish/Irish people and the one bad guy is American, it's like opposite world!

The only thing that irks me is that people keep saying "data" the American way instead of the normal way, again, opposite world.

12. I quite enjoyed it too but it seems no one else did hence it got moved from prime time twice a week to late night Sunday.

Annoyingly it ends on a bit of a cliffhanger and now the show has been cancelled by the BBC it makes the whole thing pointless.

13. Yeah my Mum was the one watching it and she bought it on DVD. She said it was good and thought it warranted another series. I'm watching it at work now and I'm about half way through, they're all banging on about diamonds and Cass and Fleur are being led by Pacman.

14. This is where it all starts to get interesting and 'other things' start coming to light. The series did take a while to really show you what was going on.

15. What way's the American way?

16. One says Dat-er the other says Day-ta.

17. We tend so say day-ter whereas our cousins from across the pond seem to prefer datta.

18. They do it for tomato's too.

19. Yeah, we say ter-mah-toe, and they say ter-may-toe.

Aaaaanyway. I've just finished watching the last episode of Outcasts. I need to know what happens next dammit! We should petition the bbc until they commission more another series.

20. Think that waiting is bad, I have had to wait 5 weeks for the next Supernatural episode, and I still have to wait until the 15th. Bloody annoying.