What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by cmdrmonkey, Jan 24, 2011.

1. #841 bfun, Feb 4, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Who is going to watch this?

2. Westworld :cool:

• like like x 1
  3. Counterpart

The concept is a 10/10 but the actual execution is a 5/10. It's just way too boring and slow.

4. #844 cmdrmonkey, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace

I think this season of American Crime Story is actually better than the last one. It's done as a profile of serial killer Andrew Cunanan who preyed on wealthy gay men. The acting is better this season. It didn't bring in as many high profile stars, but it's less cartoonish. The guy playing Cunanan is a brilliant actor. The story isn't told in chronological order. It goes backwards in an attempt to explain how this killer came to be who he was. Basically Cunanan was an intelligent, charming sociopath who was envious of wealth and success, but didn't want to have to work for any of it himself. He told elaborate lies about his past, but actually came from a broken home. He started out as a conman/gigolo who seduced rich gay men for their money, but eventually snapped and became a killer. One of his victims was a wealthy real estate tycoon nobody knew was gay until Cunanan killed him. It's all pretty interesting, and it's not a story everyone knows about like OJ last season.

5. Canne wait! Its going to be amazing!

6. #847 cmdrmonkey, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    Killing Eve

This show is actually pretty good. It's kind of like La Femme Nikita crossed with a detective show. Part of the show is about a female assassin. The other part is about a woman from the British government who is investigating her crimes.

7.5/10

7. Lost in Space (2018)

Definitely not a good show, but it's also not unwatchable.

Biggest issue: full 60 minutes episodes that are boring. I found myself fast forwarding or watching at 1.5x speed A LOT. Next, the characters all pretty much suck, I only found Don West to be likable. The actors themselves are pretty good so a writing issue. Oddly it looks really low budget at times even though it's clearly a high budget show. Not sure if that is meant to be some homage.

Based on what I've written you'd expect this to be a 1/10, but for some reason I think it's still worth a 5/10.

5/10 - Meh - Good show for background noise.

8. Westworld Season 2

This show got bad. I'm not sure if it lost writers, or they just waited too long to bring it back, or if maybe it never needed another season at all. Everyone talks in riddles like they're the Oracle in a bad Matrix sequel. The plot has gone totally off the rails. I'm 3 episodes in and ready to give up on it.

9. Aw snap! That LaRusso kid is finally going to get whats coming to him.

10. STRIKE HARD. STRIKE FIRST. NO MERCY.

Dude... Youtube lied to me and won't let me watch past episode 2 for free.... the original Vlog blew my mind a few years ago. All these years I was rooting for Daniel-san the psychopath and apprentice to demon sorcerer Miyagi.

11. Started watching the 2nd season of Westworld. So far not as interesting as the first. Did season 4 of Orange is the New Black and went on to 5. I'm also about halfway through 13 Reasons Why. I didn't really want to watch it but people are like you need to watch it. It's kind of okay and kind of stupid. I fast forward a lot.

12. Rick and Morty Season 1

Somehow I never got into this show even though people kept recommending it. It's a good mix of sci-fi and comedy. A few episodes are duds, but most of them are hilarious. I loved the episode where Rick hacked the cable box to get TV shows from other dimensions.

13. They do a second episode of those other dimension shows as well. S2 gets much better.

14. #855 cmdrmonkey, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    Rick and Morty S2 and S3

This show is really good. I think Pickle Rick might be my favorite episode so far. They took an outrageous idea and made it awesome.

I'd give the show a 9.5/10. Season 1 has a few dud episodes, but from S2 on it's more consistently good and there's lots of stuff that's comedy gold. This show is just as funny as South Park or The Simpsons back when those shows were in their prime years. And some of the premises for episodes are more clever than anything I ever saw on South Park or the Simpsons. This show actually does a really good job of being both sci-fi and comedy.

15. LOL you're gonna be one of the crazies to raid a McDonalds for sauce now.

16. I'm actually very curious to see if the sauce lives up to the hype from the show

17. Enjoy the wait for season 4. :(

18. Sounds like we may get a S4 late next year. This show sure has a long wait between seasons.

19. I haven't started season 3 yet but I know once I start I'll just power through the whole thing and be left wanting more. Its a lot like South Park. A very intelligent comedy buried in heaps of stupidity. The difference is that the characters actually seem real and relatable. I can go from hating Rick to liking him and hoping he slaps Morty around.