What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by cmdrmonkey, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Waiting won't help me. They've decided to scrap the show. Poor reception apparently. Everything was just kicking off too! Argh!

2. The minute it got moved to a later timeslot and down to 1 episode a week it was always going to be canned. It was a shame as I really enjoyed it but I knew it was coming. I think the BBC announced it the day after the last episode aired.

3. Outcasts had a lot of issues during production apparently; had lots of rewrites which is never a good sign. I caught a few episodes but wasn't blown away; could've had potential I suppose.

4. Season 6 of Weeds is NOT available for streaming on netflix! Not happy about this, especially after season 5's unexpected conclusion!

5. Just get it off bittorrent like everyone else.

6. Workaholics

It seems kind of low budget but it's simplicity is it's strength.

7. Game of Thrones

I tried to give this a chance, but I couldn't make it through the first episode. It was so cheesy and lame. It was like watching something on the SyFy channel. Way below par for HBO.

8. I watched the 15 minute preview of episode one that was on Microsoft's site. It was very well done for the first 10 minutes. Like movie production quality. And then it got lame quick. I'm gonna try to watch the first eps this weekend to see if it's worth anything.

9. Agreed. The first ten minutes were good, but then it got really lame and stayed lame. I couldn't finish the episode because it felt like Xena Warrior Princess or those lame SyFy original fantasy movies that they play late at night.

10. I saw the first two episodes this afternoon and I thought it was quite good. The production values seem pretty high for a tv series and it is my suspicion (not to be taken as fact) that Sean Bean is going to die at some point, that man dies in everything he's in! (or maybe he doesn't!)

11. You just spoiled a bunch of movies for me. Thanks, guy.

12. I just edited your post to remove a spoiler; well done for ruining a show for everyone who happens to have not read the books.

13. Sorry I guess I wasn't thinking about that. I haven't read the books so I don't know what's going to happen, I've also not seen most of the films in that list, it's just pretty obvious what's going to happen to Sean Bean given his track record.

14. Sean Bean doesn't die in Ronin. What other LIES are you spreading? FOR SHAME.

15. You're right. Oh well, he can't lose them all.

16. Campus:

It does bare quite a lot of resemblance to Green Wing so if you liked that you will probably like this too. Its definitely gotten better as the series has progressed and although it doesn't have quite as big a cast as Green Wing seemed to have all of the characters are pretty good.

The only thing that really makes Green Wing better than Campus is the lack of Mark Heap in the later. Alan Statham was a fantastic character and I don't think there is an actor out there who could have done it anywhere near as good. The VC in Campus is a little quirky but nothing compared to Statham who is probably one of my favourite TV characters of recent years.

Mark Heap's cameo parts in Friday Night Dinner in a similar role were definitely the best part of that show.

17. Human CentiPad was fucking hilarious. One of the best South Park episodes I've seen in a long time. Good start to what's probably going to be the last season.

18. what makes you say that?

19. Because the contract for the show is up and it's been rumored that this will be the last season. Probably for the best. I don't want South Park to end up like The Simpsons.

20. You have a point. I'll always love the Simpsons but they really started to go downhill fast after season 12. They should have made the film about 5 years earlier than they did. South Park however just keeps better and better, at least that's what I think. It'll be a shame to see it go but as you said it's better to end now while it's still good.

I have been watching the new season of Futurama, season 6. This first season after they were cancelled some years back. At first I was worried that it might not be as good or the animation has changed but 5 minutes in it was just like the show never went away. Really good first couple of episodes, especially for Zapp Brannigan.

"Drop your weapon! Or I'll shoot you... like so {zap}" I laughed out loud that time I tell thee.