What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by cmdrmonkey, Jan 24, 2011.

1. #1001 AKS, Dec 30, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    The Mandalorian is excellent due to Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni. Disney also hired Darth Kennedy and her crew that nearly destroyed a multi-billion dollar franchise. They hired hack directors who didn't understand Star Wars, and at this point they've been exposed as frauds. I followed the things Kennedy's crew has been claiming throughout the sequel trilogy and remember Andy Serkis stating that Snoke was more powerful than Palpatine in the first movie yet fast forward to the end and see how that holds up. Rey's ancestry was all over the place. It never added up, and at this point it's become obvious they were just winging it and making things up as they went along with no plan, contrary to what they had been claiming for years. Favreau and Filoni are cleaning up the mess those imbeciles have made.

2. What We Do in the Shadows

I'd say it's a pretty faithful adaption of the movie.

3. I'm around halfway through the first season of Man in the High Castle. It's pretty good so far.

I also finished all 3 seasons of Dark awhile back and thought it was quite good. My only complaint is that I think it got too "busy" and convoluted near the end.

4. Finally finished season 2 of The Boys. It wasn't as good as the first season but it was okay. The lead-in to season 3 wasn't great.

5. I have finished Season 1 of Man in the High Castle and watched the first 2 episodes of WandaVision, which I enjoyed. It's a bit shocking to see something creative and clever funded by Disney, particularly a show I'm expecting to take a dark, Lynchian turn eventually. I am really starting to wonder why I am even subscribed to Netflix when Amazon Prime and shockingly Disney+ are all I've been watching.

By the way, Rufus Sewell in Man in the High Castle has really been fantastic. He's an exceptional actor.

[​IMG]

6. WandaVision

Weird. It's like Bewitched and I Love Lucy.

The Crown

I binged watched about 15 hours of this and I'm not even half way through it. It's good, but sometimes boring.

7. #1007 AKS, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    I made it through 29 minutes of the first episode of Fate: The Winx Saga on netflix when it became abundantly clear it was time to abort. About 25 minutes overdue, actually. If you like feminist blogs on Tumblr, the dialogue will be a dream come true for you. Sexism was mentioned twice within the first 8 minutes and continued throughout the remaining tripe I watched, including the term "mansplaining." If you want a mix of fairies and magic with a gender studies lecture, this is the show for you.

8. @bfun

I'm not really sold on Wandavision yet. It seems like they just made a bad 1950s/60s style sitcom featuring some Marvel stuff.

9. It's strongly influenced by the House of M limited comic series. There will be a lot more to it than spoofing old sitcoms. Wanda is already starting to struggle to hold it all together. It's going to get dark.

10. I had to quit Disney+ because other than the Mando, it is a complete pile of shit so won't be watching Wandavision any time soon. Perhaps when Mando series 3 hits I will put it back on for a month and perhaps give it a go then.

11. That is my usual pattern of shelving Disney+, but I am hanging around until WandaVision ends.

12. Disney+ has more Marvel and Star Wars content coming.

• “Andor,” a “Rogue One” prequel series focusing on Diego Luna’s Cassian Andor that’s currently in production and will debut in 2022.

• “Obi-Wan Kenobi,” starring Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen reprising their roles from the prequel movie trilogy, which will go into production in March 2021.

• “The Rangers of the New Republic” and “Ahsoka,” direct spin-offs of “The Mandalorian” from Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni. The latter will star Rosario Dawson in the title role she originated on “The Mandalorian,” and all three shows will intersect in “a climactic story event.”

• “Lando,” a new spin-off series from “Dear White People” creator Justin Simien following classic “Star Wars” rogue Lando Calrissian. The character was played by Donald Glover in 2018’s “Solo: A Star Wars Story,” but it’s unclear if Glover will return for the series.

• “The Acolyte,” a female-centric series, billed as a “mystery-thriller” set in the final days of the High Republic era, from Leslye Headland (“Russian Doll”).

• “Star Wars: The Bad Batch,” the animated follow up to the animated series “Star Wars: The Clone Wars.”

• “Star Wars: Visions,” an anthology collection of short films set in the “Star Wars” universe from 10 different Japanese animation creators, which will debut in 2021.

• “A Droid Story,” an animated series from Lucasfilm Animation and Lucasfilm’s visual effects team that sets R2-D2 and C-3PO on a new adventure.

• “Secret Invasion” starring Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn, which Feige billed as “the biggest crossover comic event of the last 20 years,” which is saying something from the man who produced “Avengers: Endgame.”

• “Ironheart,” an “Iron Man” spin-off series focusing on inventor Riri Williams, as played by Dominique Thorne (“If Beale Street Could Talk”).

• “Armor Wars,” based on the 1980s comic book series about what happens when Tony Stark’s technology falls into the wrong hands, starring Don Cheadle as War Machine.

• “The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special,” which writer-director James Gunn will shoot while making “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.”

“The Falcon and the Winter Soldier” will debut on March 9;

“Loki” will debut in May;

The animated speculative series “What If…?” will debut in the summer;

“Ms. Marvel,” currently in production, will debut later in 2021;

“Hawkeye,” with Jeremy Renner and Hailee Steinfeld will debut in late 2021.

For 2022, “She-Hulk,” with Tatiana Maslany, and “Moon Knight” (cast unannounced)

13. Disney Plus is worth it if you have young children. Otherwise it will probably just be something you subscribe to on and off for certain stuff.

14. [​IMG]

I haven’t seen it but this has me intrigued. I do like mindfuck entertainment.

15. #1015 cmdrmonkey, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    Community

I watched this show sporadically back when it was on, but missed most of it. S1-3 are comedy gold. So many laugh out loud funny episodes that will have you laughing until it hurts. Quality dips from S4 on, with S6 being downright awful. It was created by Dan Harmon, so the humor is similar to Rick and Morty.

16. I think there just might be an element of that involved.

[​IMG]

17. Does marvel have a comic app like DC? I’d subscribe.

18. I messed my shoulder up so I've been watching a lot of TV. Finished the last season of The Crown and What we Do in the Shadows. Started watching The IT Crowd, Season 2 of Mindhunter, Disenchantment and The Magicians. Disenchantment is just meh. That seems to be the intentional trend of many animated series. The Magicians is good, but cheap. The writers, actors, director, are all B team.

19. I'm so sad that mindhunters is basically in the grave now

20. I'm very close to cancelling Netflix. This is getting ridiculous, and I've mostly watched Amazon Prime Video and Disney+ (until WandaVision's final episode, then it's also gone) for the past month. They've canned The OA, Dark Crystal: AoR, and now Mindhunter while pushing trash like Cuties and raising their price.