What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by cmdrmonkey, Jan 24, 2011.

1. #1161 cmdrmonkey, Feb 15, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
    -The Tinder Swindler
    -Inventing Anna

Fake German heiress Anna Delvey and the Tinder Swindler Simon Leviev had very similar methods of scamming people, but the Tindler Swindler was way better at it.

2. Episode 3 with Kumail Nanjiani turned out to be the best. He couldn't stay in character, got Will Arnett to break, and even a dead body started laughing.

I lived in the city at the time so remember a lot of talking points. Friends joked how even at 6 figures you get background checked hard for an apartment in the city. You gotta do a background, financial, and social media check where you let them into your LinkedIn and Facebook. But this bitch just claims to be a billionaire heiress and banks, hotels, restaurants and individuals start giving 5-9 figure lines of credit like it's nothing.

I don't think she should go to jail. They should all lose their money for being so fucking stupid.

3. Started the first couple of episodes of Netflix Sweet Tooth. It has potential.

4. #1164 cmdrmonkey, Mar 8, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    The Dropout on Hulu

It's a straightforward retelling of the Elizabeth Holmes saga. Amanda Seyfried is pretty good at playing her.

5. Is It Cake?

It's a cooking competition/game show where people have to guess, is it cake. It's a slightly stupid but fun show.

[​IMG]

6. We watched an episode of that. It’s fun.

7. The Righteous Gemstones

I watched both seasons and it's pretty good. Some episodes are serious and other focus on sophomoric attempts at humor. The show might set a new record for the most dick in a TV show. I read they were trying to beat Euphoria's dick count.

8. Our Flag Means Death

I like it. The production quality is kind of low but I guess the Rotten Tomatoes audience love's it. It's a feel good comedy.

Moon Knight

The first episode was obviously confusing but I think it's a good start. I guess it's getting review bombed for mentioning the Armenian genocide.

9. #1169 cmdrmonkey, Apr 11, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
    Severance

Excellent sci-fi/mystery show on Apple TV. Telling you about it would spoil it. Just watch it.

WeCrashed

True crime show about a con artist couple who ran an office space subleasing themed Ponzi scheme called WeWork that scammed investors out of billions.

10. Outer Range on Amazon Prime.

It's a sci-fi Western kind of like Lost but not like Lost.

11. I'm into the second season of For All Mankind on AppleTV+ and also watched the first episode of Severance.

12. Saw the first 4 episodes of Obi-Wan Kenobi. It's okay. The supporting actors are kind of weak. The story is good. Not great.

13. #1173 cmdrmonkey, Jun 3, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    The villains in Obi Wan look like they're from a low budget Star Trek episode. What's with the guy who looks like he has a Quaker Oats Man hat fused to his head?

14. #1174 cmdrmonkey, Jul 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
    For All Mankind

Alternate timeline sci-fi show where the Cold War Space Race follows a very different trajectory than it did in our reality. From Ronald D Moore, known for Star Trek The Next Generation, the Battlestar Galactica Reboot, and Outlander. It's pretty good so far. Worth a watch if you have Apple TV.

15. I'm close to finishing the second season of For All Mankind. I took a brief break to power through the latest season of Stranger Things, but I think I'm at around Season 2, Episode 7 now. AppleTV+ has become one of my most watched streaming services now. It's kind of a steal given it probably has the highest image quality steaming service outside of the exorbitantly priced Kaleidescape yet only costs $50/yr. Amazon Video and AppleTV+ are probably the ones I watch the most. Amazon and Apple also don't cancel good shows after the first season like Netflix.

16. Finished Stranger Things Season 4. It's one of the better season, but it also felt like they sacrificed some of the mystery for intensity. They hit it out of the park with the song choices. I'll give them an Emmy award for best use of an extended remix Journey song in a movie or TV show.

17. For All Mankind has been on my watch list -- just finished S3E6 yesterday. I enjoy the alternate timeline type of content -- Man in the High Castle was good from this perspective too.

18. The Boys: Season 3

What a ride. I kind of expected crap after the first 10 minutes in episode 1. That was some strait up rule 34 stuff.

9/10

19. Disney's Ms. Marvel

It's got the feel of a after school special but it's not bad. The Pakistan theme is kind of interesting and a bold move for Disney.

20. Watched the first episode of Netflix's The Sandman. It looks like they are sticking to the books. I'm sure that will make most of the fans happy but I wouldn't mind seeing some new material.