Which internet provider? (UK)

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Armadeadn, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Yeah they are rolling out 80/20 later in June for the rest of their customers. It should be good.

2. Is it decidedly british to use 'are' instead of 'is' or something. I hear that a lot from you lot.

3. Would you prefer "they is rolling it out..."? I certainly hope not. "Are" is the plural of "is".

Lern yo self some gramaticul skil.

4. There is a lot grammatical rules to be aware off, that'd for sure.

5. I's just be simplifyin it for yo fools, it alright! We be down wi dat we cool we cool...

6. I actually know a guy on Facebook who types like that all the time, usually worse. It can be a genuine struggle to understand what he's trying to say sometimes. He's inconveniencing everyone who tries to read his posts just to save a couple of seconds of typing, inconsiderate bastard.

7. nah just you dawg.... actually I just ignore facebook posts if i don't understand it within 5-10 seconds (depending on how nice I feel). Moat facebook posts are just stupid and irrelivent.

8. So.. I upgraded to Fibre Pro, loving it so far :)

[​IMG]

Not bad for £30 a month with no traffic management or download limits.
    Guys in the US are getting bad deals.. is B/B expensive there?

9. It's incredibly expensive. My cable/broadband package with Comcast is $130/month, and I only get 35/5 on my connection.

10. Let me know how it goes for the next month or so OG, thinking of going with Sky fibre myself. You can be my guinea pig.

Only paying O2 £24/month for my ADSL2+ internet, line rental and all evening/weekend calls but the new fibre is tempting.

11. How the hell can you afford to pay $130 per month just for tv and Internet? Also why is is so expensive? Is the Internet delivered to your front door straight from source in a gold plated tank made of historical figure's bones?

12. This is how he gets his internet

http://youtu.be/iDbyYGrswtg

13. I'm guessing that's TV/ Internet/ VOip but even so I'm also guessing that's the max price IE after the promotions. I get 12 down/ 4 up (I think), no cable or voip for 39.99 now, 59.99 after 6 months and 79.99 after the year. If I bundled it would go down, but you'd pay for the cable and I don't want to do that as I'm on contract with Dish right now. I've discovered they give you basic cable and HD channels (just the basic network channels) anyway :)

14. Re: Re: Which internet provider? (UK)

Here you can get 80 down 20 up for £30/month. 40 down 10 up is £20/month.

Your getting ripped off.

15. It's just how it is in the US with evil corporations running the show. We get ripped off big time for internet access. Comcast has a monopoly in my area. It's either this, or painfully slow 1.5 Mbit DSL, which knowing AT&T and all of their taxes and fees, would probably still be about $40/month.

People I know who live in areas where both AT&T Uverse and Comcast Xfinity (both are fiber services) are available tend to switch back and forth between them to take advantage of the first year promotional rates. But after the first year, either one of them gets really fucking expensive.

[quote author=Pdraggy]
    I'm on contract with Dish right now. I've discovered they give you basic cable and HD channels (just the basic network channels) anyway :)
    [/quote]

Dish is dropping AMC from their lineup, and AMC is easily the best channel on TV right now. Fuck those assholes. What's the point of even having cable or satellite if you can't get Breaking Bad, Mad Men, or Walking Dead?

16. Dropping AMC? Sucky. They dropped the standard deff version last year and went to HD only which cost more. I paid for it last season then cancelled when Walking Dead was over. My Internet is $100 a month but I don't have many alternatives.

17. Yeah, I guess it's over a pricing issue. One of the few good things I can say about Comcast is that all of the AMC shows are on demand in HD, and they get them up very quickly after they air.

18. VIVA LA PIRACY

19. Grim,

After a week or so of testing the best rates seem to be around 75-76 mb/s this is 9pm - 10am, then from around 12-7 its 70mb/s then 7-10 its 72mb/s so it doesn't seem to vary too much. The upload is the same all the time at around 16mb/s