Which luxury car brands do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by bfun, May 9, 2011.

1. Going back to SSC Thrust for a second. Did you know they're currently working on a car that will break the 1000mph mark? That will be an event not to miss.

2. I think it's in one of the episodes where they discussed the "super car" "hyper car" thing.

A super car being a car that goes fast but also has all your mod cons and could be used as a daily drive whereas a hypercar focussed purely on speed and as such are pretty Spartan on the inside.

3. I just had a lousy experience at a Nissan dealership. I was looking for a GT-R just to check it out and take a look at it, and that dealer was an unbearable ass. He kept reminding me that "it's VERY expensive" and "it's like a race car." He told me I'd have to give him my information and agree to put down a deposit to even look at the car. Obviously he thought I was a clown and was just giving me the run around. I've just picked the place I'm going for my first oil change when I do get my car (not buying from these jackholes obviously). No one at BMW or Mercedes-Benz ever talked to me this way. This type of thing irritates me, but it's always an excellent source of motivation for me. I'm looking forward to the next time I meet this guy. I'm going to ask him how business is going and whether he's been getting all those big commissions on GT-Rs.

4. Ive seen one upon close on an airshow once, the dashboard was fully digital, abit like in the newer 737NG series:p Thing is, for the price of that car you can buy a nice house here lol

5. I'm finding them used online in the $50K range now.

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/nissan-gt_r-cars397395520?sortcol=price&sortdir=up&listingtype=used&model=gt_r&make=nissan&distance=any

I should be able to afford that before too long.

I'm not keen on purchasing a house right now. If you were familiar with the state I live in, you'd understand. I doubt I'm going to live out the rest of my days here. I'm in a decent area, but it's still hyperconservative and not a place I'd like to stay forever. I just happen to have close relatives here, some of whom have been quite ill in recent years, and I also really like the people where I work. So I'm content to be here for now.

6. Houses must be ridiculously cheap where you live. Nice houses round here, at the low end start around £2-300k.

Aren't all the graphics in the GT-R done by Polyphony Digital?

7. Only if there are enough gflops