Wii U

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Grim, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Its a stop gap like I said as Nintendo have announced a new 3D Mario, a proper Wii-U Zelda, Smash Brothers and a Another game from the Xenoblade developer plus some other games.

WW HD and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will keep Wii-U gamers happy for a while.

2. The Silicon Knights MGS remake is just legendary I see this as playing off the same principle trying to bottle lightning twice. I might just buy it and wait on the Wii-U lol...

3. You'd actually wait on a Wii U? Wouldn't that break it? I'm not sure they're designed to carry the weight of a person.

4. you've seen those old gamecube stress tests similar concept I'm sure it'll be just fine.

5. ouch?

6. Either they'll bounce back like usual or they finally face the consequences of not making a decent games console for years.

7. I think the "ouch" applies to the entire games industry right now. Numbers are down all over.

8. How can that be when gaming is more popular and mainstream now than get before?

I blame the seemingly constant steam sales. I knew PCs would be the death of gaming (I keed I keed).

9. I'm pretty sure Nintendo are making their own kind of ouch for themselves. Releasing two underpowered consoles in a row and relying on gimmicks probably wasn't a good idea.

10. Does anyone really expect console to be flying off the shelves at the minute? Everyone is waiting to see what the PS4 and XBOX can do...

Also not sure if many people really realise the Wii U exists, it doesn't seem to be too heavily advertised and everyone knew about the Wii. If I said Wii U to my parents they would probably think I was talking about the old console.

11. The traditional box-under-the-TV console model is already past it's prime in terms of growth curve. It's all about expanding the portable market now.

12. Re: Re: Wii U

imo its been battle of the exclusives for the last 2 generations. if I were to buy a console, it'd be similar to what arma based his decision on. if that particular system has the games I want, i'd get that system really not caring what the other system could do.

13. I made a graph for Nintendo's stock value of the last five years.

[​IMG]

14. I think Microsoft's stock is right back to roughly the same place they started when the 360 launched.

15. Because no one is buying it Asda have dropped the Wii U down to £149 for the basic and £199 for the premium model.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/Wii-u-sale-price-cut-asda-special-offer,news-43833.html

Not looking good for Nintendo at the moment.

http://direct.asda.com/Nintendo-Wii-U-8GB-Console-%28White%29-%28Basic-Pack%29/003774365,default,pd.html

http://direct.asda.com/Nintendo-Wii-U-32GB-Console-%28Black%29-%28Premium-Pack%29-Nintendo-Land/003774372,default,pd.html

The premium is out of stock so perhaps it has had a bit of an impact but dropping £100 off the price in 6 months is pretty extreme.

16. Serves them right for not making a real console.

17. I dunno whether to get this for earthbound.. might be a bit overkill :p

18. It's not a new one is it?

19. No its earthbound 2 I believe.