Worst Oscar Bait Movies

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by cmdrmonkey, Dec 6, 2011.

1. It's funny cuz it's true.

3. Everybody likes the Godfather.

Except Peter Giffin.

4. Also, Slumdog Milliionaire was stupid ass fairy tale childrens movie. That kid wouldn't have lived past age 6 if it wasn't for his alpha-male brothers survival skills. The brother was the true hero/anti-hero of that movie. The main character was a little bitch.

5. Not true at all. I thought he was great in L.A. Confidential and The Insider. I also thought he was impressive in Romper Stomper.

6. I don't understand all of the No Country hate. It was a damn good movie. The hitman in it was awesome. He had some really clever ways of murdering people.

Yeah because I'm a total scat loving freak. Where do you people get these crazy ideas?

7. Did you watch No Country for Old Men in theaters or at home? Cuz that movie definately is not a theater movie... at all. Extremely slow paced and no music.

8. I watched it at home. I really didn't find it slow paced, save for a few scenes with Tommy Lee Jones giving his cowboy Sheriff speeches. It was a suspenseful movie for the most part. It was a dude running for his life from a psycho while carrying a shitload of money. What's boring about that?

9. it's really a different feel in theaters. everyone walking out of the theater groaning after the movie ended. have you watched drive yet? that movie is borderline not a theater movie either. although I liked that movie. It has a ton awkward silences.

10. Drive was awesome. One of the best crime dramas in years.

People who can't appreciate dramatic pauses and other aspects of good cinema should stick to watching Transformers movies. Those don't have time for pauses with all of the baysplosions and danger music.

11. I think the 1990's has some of the weakest Best Picture winners in the past 40 years. Braveheart, Forrest Gump, Dances with Wolves, Unforgiven, Shakespeare in Love, American Beauty....

12. that wasn't what I was talking about though. I'm talking about a movie being an experience in theaters. and no country for old men is quite a horrible experience. drive was almost at that point but it was a good movie that had its violent action moments. and I wouldn't call the pauses in drive as dramatic pauses.. they were so long to the point that they were awkward.

13. I know exactly what Khaid is saying.

For a $10-12 ticket, I expect spectacular greatness of Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama. Something like Jurrasic Park.

Drive was a good movie, but of only matinee show greatness of $6-8 tickets.

No Country for Old Men is a rental or download.

14. Transformers 2 had the action and adventure of baysplosions and danger music, the comedy of racist caricature gold tooth jar jar bots, and the drama of Shit Ledouche going to robot heaven. Sounds like the perfect movie for you.

Some of those really do seem like ridiculous farces in retrospect, especially Forrest Gump. What a stupid movie. It's exactly what Simple Jack in Tropic Thunder was making fun of, except Tom Hanks won because he didn't quite go full retard. It was still pretty damn retarded though.

Also, Kevin Costner really did turn out to be a one hit wonder, didn't he? Dances With Wolves wasn't even that good. It was very pretentious and self important. It also didn't have much of an ending.

15. It had bad actors. For $10 I demand the best in hollywood.

16. What had bad actors? No Country? Drive? Both of those had great actors.

For $10 you demand Shit Ledouche and that black guy from Fast and the Furious who always goes "we hungry!"

17. Transformers had bad actors. Therefore it was not worth $10. I think that guy from Drive is one of the best actors in hollywood now.

18. Ryan Reynolds is a really good actor. I'd also suggest Blue Valentine and Lars and the Real Girl.

19. god i hope your joking

20. Not sure if you're serious. I would bet money on the guy winning a best actor oscar for Drive.