Zak Snyders Superman

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Ichiban, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Zak Snyder (Dawn of the Dead, 300, Suckerpunch, Watchmen) is Directing a new Superman movie. They've cast someone I really liked in The Tudors in the lead role and they released the first official "in-costume" pic today:

[​IMG]

Certainly looks the part to me.

More interesting is the supporting cast..if you can call it supporting. Russel Crowe takes the role of Jor-El (as brilliantly played by Marlon Brando in the original), Kevin Costner is Pa Kent, Laurence Fishburn is Perry White...I have really high hopes for this flick.

2. I'm not too keen on the costume, looks a mite too "scaly" though that may just be an artefact from the touching up of the image.

The guy doesn't look like a Clark Kent to me either. :/

3. Looks kind of like George Reeves from the 60s.

[​IMG]

4. Superman needed a reboot. I still have no idea what they were trying to accomplish with metrosexual Superman goes to the hospital and has baby mama drama or whatever that movie was called.

5. I just remember the baseball scene... maybe I never actually saw Superman Returns :/ or maybe I just removed the memory from my mind

6. I have a feeling that Snyder is aiming somewhere between George Reeves and Christopher Reeves. Superman Returns was an utter Donkey of a movie mainly because they tried, desperately, to make it a direct sequel to the original movie and that was just never going to work because there was too much time between them and original (and maybe the Donner cut of Superman 2) were absolute classics and Bryan Singer is a fairly dull guy who's been taken to court for oggling his male cast naked because he demands "nude" shower scenes.